Black Widow Exhausts

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
fastrob691
Settled in member
Reactions:
Black Widow Exhausts

Post by fastrob691 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:46 pm

anyone have any experience with these?

They claim to be a high flow design but it looks identical to the stock part in polished stainless.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-CBR400-CB ... 1452706355

Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 forever
Re: Black Widow Exhausts

Post by Davez29 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:46 pm

Its a possibility these where the ones sold by Sandy Bike Spares a while back as they now sell these Black Widow ones and they look the same to me.

Lets say they are and I bought the MK1 version. After my initial thought that I was doing the right thing going stainless I quickly found out that no matter how much I mucked on with the carbs, jetting etc.. there was a flat spot at 2 1/2 thousand revs, this got quite annoying in slow traffic as I had to continually over rev to keep off the flat spot.

Ok, so I put up with that but after a short while I then noticed there was a horrible high pitched metallic sound (ziiiing), not sure what revs now but it was annoying to say the least and the bike sounded bad, no matter how many rubber washers I used it was still there, a friend behind me in his car said he could not believe how bad it sounded while I was pulling away from him. Finally the header clamps, not overtightened as some may think, start cracking all around, this got worse until there were in bits. I got them welded and they did at least last until I removed them. Ohh and the small side square brackets fell off over time.

All in all the worst purchase I made on my bike, never again.

I was lucky to find a set of very low milage original in Germany for £80 delivered, a bargain, I snapped them up.

Lets hope these updated Black Widow ones fair better than the earlier version.

cbr400rrn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 CBR600F

Post by cbr400rrn » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:19 pm

A friend bought some for his ZX7R and there was a huge hole in the power delivery when fitted, so from experience they are shite you are better looking elsewhere.

JZH
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: RSCBRRVFVFRST

Post by JZH » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:37 am

Black Widow IS Sandy Bike Spares.

Ciao,
JZH

London, UK/So.Cal., USA
www.vsource.org

fastrob691
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by fastrob691 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:27 pm

Thanks for the replies, I figured for the price they couldn't be decent.

cbr400rrn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 CBR600F

Post by cbr400rrn » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:07 pm

Way, way, way off being decent. They are complete crud and rely upon people not doing their homework on them before buying

fastrob691
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by fastrob691 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:14 pm

cbr400rrn wrote:Way, way, way off being decent. They are complete crud and rely upon people not doing their homework on them before buying
Perfect, I wont buy anything without doing homework, appreciate the honesty and input.