NC29 race subframe to take RSW250 seat FS limited offer

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
tanuki
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: CCM404 SM, CBR4/6 in progress
Re: NC29 race subframe to take RSW250 seat FS limited offer

Post by tanuki » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:56 pm

Sure no worries.

I'm getting a bit pissed off with the lack of comunication from the welder at the minute.

justmartyn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Only 2 left.....

Post by justmartyn » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:34 pm

My Aoyama seat unit arrived today, pity I'm not home for another couple of months to fiddle with it. The wife says it looks well..............great.

Keep us posted Billy.

tanuki
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by tanuki » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:43 pm

ok.....latest news is the welder is bringing the subframe to my house tomorrow where we will mock up the hanger and I will get some pics.

I'm going to ask him to make 5 so will be requiring deposits soon, not much £40 will do.

anyway hopefully I will have some pics up tomorrow.

justmartyn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by justmartyn » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:20 pm

Good news, just let me know as soon as you want it.

tanuki
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by tanuki » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:18 pm

Here we go and a good job he came over as we had a few issues with the prototype initially, obviously the wooden one got knocked around a little but we overcame.
Right there is a few things,
firstly it isnt light weight, it's about the same as the standard one however it is really fucking strong and that's what I was going for.
secondly if you want to go for the hanger that I can get made its going to require you to cut a slot in your seat unit as its a long drop from the subframe to the can.
Thirdly he is willing for an extra £10 make a battery box similar to the one I am holding in the pic and mount it so that the battery fits under the seat hump, I can not guarantee that this will be 100% on any seat than my own one do if you decide you want a box adding its your call.

As you can see by the pics some adjustments need to be made to the jig but really all I am waiti g for is yes/no from you guys then I'll need some deposits.

Thoughts please.

This is roughly what the hanger will look like but will stick out at the bottom more.

And very roughly where the battery box would mount.

justmartyn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by justmartyn » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:08 pm

I'm still in, though not for the battery box or hanger, want to see what can be done without the need for cutting first.
It may just be the way the seat is set on or the way the pic has been taken, but it looks like its a hair low at the back, though with the unit off the angle looks just fine, flowing lines etc. If you're happy with it all then I'll trust your judgement. Let me know how and when to pay.....................

cajun
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: MC22, NC29,NC35, 2 FZR400's

Post by cajun » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:47 pm

Looks great Tanuki. Another tip is that you can add Dual Density foam as padding to raise the seat height a little. I had brackets welded but that's because I like to be a little more on top of the bike than in for racing.

Another thing I did was revit a Al panel in on mine to hold my ECU and Main 30amp plug. Also bought a lightweight battery and used 3 inch tubing to make a battery box.

I can post up some pics if you guys want to give you an idea. But the battery would be perfect for yalls application and easy to make and have him weld on.

justmartyn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by justmartyn » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:42 pm

I'd like to see that if you dont mind sticking a few pics up Cajun, was going to go down the lightweight battery route, but have far too many unanswered questions as yet to commit. I havent really done any homework to date, but think I read somewhere that a fancy pants charger was required for these lightweight batteries to put a good thump of a charge into them. I'm running total loss but have retained the electric starter and havent seen any facts or figures as to how many starts/run time would be achievable from these. Anyone with any knowledge of this please free to chip in or PM me (sorry for the hijack Billy).

And I take back my earlier comment about it sitting down at the back, on second thoughts it looks like the seat unit is sitting up slightly at the front, nothing that being secured in place wont sort out. Good work sir!

cajun
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: MC22, NC29,NC35, 2 FZR400's

Post by cajun » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:21 pm

Hey Martyn, I am also running a total loss. And am running a "Battery Tender" brand charger. No problems as of yet. However I have not ran it on the track yet.

But here are the links and pics. Sorry for the clutter I saw this post and snapped some pics right before work. Still need to do some sorting of the wires though but you get the idea.

This is the battery I have. The 4 cell one. On second thought I would get a 6 type just to be sure on charging.
http://www.alienmotion.com/

dunkenb
Reactions:
Bike owned: Cbr400rr nc29 type8 NSR250

Post by dunkenb » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:30 pm

Just a thought but would there be room to mount the battery in side the fairing under the engine. Think the tzr250 reverse cylinder had this kind of set up coz of the rear straight exhausts. 8-)