KMH to MPH converter - speedo question

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Jaybanx22
One Hit Wonder
Reactions:
KMH to MPH converter - speedo question

Post by Jaybanx22 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:00 am

I recently fitted a KMH to MPH converter (gold type) that I bought from wemoto to my NC35. Took it for a quick test spin and was a bit surprised by the speedo behavior.

Looking through the forum posts; after fitting it, I was expecting the speedo to be representing my MPH speed, i.e. 40 KMH on the speedo is 40 MPH. What I actually saw was the speedo needle was showing me my MPH speed; but it wasn't matching to the speedo markings; i.e. 40 KMH on the speedo was 24 MPH in reality.

I was expecting everything to be slowed down so to speak. Input into the device gets reduced to represent MPH, it looked like the input into the device was being doubled, and everything was going at twice the normal speed (including the trip & total distance meters!).

Have I mis-understood something?

The listing on wemoto states its a "wheel end type". It fits perfectly onto the NC35's clocks, but do I need to get the "top of the cable" type instead?