Blade/CBR600rr brake uprade on NC30

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Johnny Wishbone
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400 NC30
Blade/CBR600rr brake uprade on NC30

Post by Johnny Wishbone » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:53 am

I'm really making a push to finish off my long owned but neglectewd NC30 project. Many years ago I purchased the above brakes (calipers and master cylinder). The calipers are currently with Powerhouse/Brake Masters in Chesterfield having a full refurb along with the stock NC30 rear caliper getting the same plus a colour change to match the fronts.

What do I do about lines for the fronts. I could just order CBR600rr/654 Fireblade lines but I'm guessing they're likely to be a touch too long. Venhill, who I fancy using anyway, offer a bespoke brakeline service but they don't list lines for the NC30 so I have no idea what fittings or length of line I require. They do list lines for a VFR400RR but I've never heard of such a machine! To potentially confuse matters further mine is an 89 RK model. Not sure if they have different rear calipers to the later bikes.

Can anyone who has done a similar swap offer any help or anyone happen to know what angle banjo's and brake line length that I'd need? As it won't be a road bike I wanting a 2 full length line set up on the front.

MadMotoUK
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: FZR400,600, CBR893
Re: Blade/CBR600rr brake uprade on NC30

Post by MadMotoUK » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:31 pm

Forget Venhill. Speak to Wez @ https://wezmoto.com/

He can make lines to any spec and he's cheaper too.

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9
Re: Blade/CBR600rr brake uprade on NC30

Post by CMSMJ1 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:02 pm

I have also got Wezmoto on mine and for the CBR600FX calipers too - it is not too long.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate