NC30 late fork type issue

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Kenthammer
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 92 NC30 & 94 CBR900RRR
NC30 late fork type issue

Post by Kenthammer » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:33 pm

Noticed one of the fork rebound adjusters has stopped clicking, on stripping down found the radial spring has snapped and it just dropped out, so nothing to hold the ball bearing in place. (Which is still there)

The spring does not show as a part on the exploded diags.

Anyone know if the spring is available to buy ?

Second question, how many clicks of adjustment are available from full out to in ? EDIT. Just found a post from 2012 that says the range is 15 clicks full out to full in.

Thanks

magg
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400
Re: NC30 late fork type issue

Post by magg » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:50 am

Spring not an individual part. Spring and ball bearing provide the clipper function, if removed you just count turns instead of clicks. If you want to keep clicker function cannibalize another adjuster or google spring supplies.

Kenthammer
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 92 NC30 & 94 CBR900RRR
Re: NC30 late fork type issue

Post by Kenthammer » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:27 pm

Cheers Magg, yep found out today they are a non serviceable item from Honda/Showa, so found a supplier and a couple are in the post, just hope the size is right. They fit a shaft size of 12mm and spring thickness of 1.5mm.
My measurements are the fork shaft size is 13mm and existing spring is 1.4mm.
Find out when they arrive if my measuring is accurate :whistle:
For good measure ordered a couple of damper adjuster O rings, as I’m in a the area again, might as well do the lot.

I know I can just count turns, but it would be nice to keep it as designed if possible, I’m a bit of a tart like that :lol: