Getting nc30 carbs back in insulator rubbers

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
magg
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400
Re: Getting nc30 carbs back in insulator rubbers

Post by magg » Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:46 am

Two of the drain screws can be reached with a long screw driver. If those carbies have fuel then most likely all 4 do. Also you could try blocking off one or more of the carby inlet venturies momentarily while cranking the engine. The strong inlet vacuum should draw a large quantity of fuel through the jets flooding the engine with sufficient fuel to fire up.

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9

Post by CMSMJ1 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:24 pm

eeriedess wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:39 pm
HEY MAGG THAT WOULD BE A NEAT TRICK IF YOU COULD REMOVE THE FLOAT BOWL DRAIN SCREWS WITHOUT DRILLIN HOLES IN THE FRAME RAILS TO GET SCREWDRIVER ACCESS !!!!!
You should have a care with magg - a very experienced and sensible member - and one who still takes the time to come and support people in need.

WOuld comemnt on your notes:

Battery cranking slowly? So, can you jump/add a booster to clear that up?

Are you sure it is not getting any fuel? We all know you need fuel, air and spark. The plugs can be fouled and killed very easily - so check that.

Does choke make any difference - choke and NO throttle. Also, why not spray some aerosol EZ start kind of stuff into the airbox? Get it firing on that and you can discount the timing/plugs.

They are fickle, but they are not random - a bike setup and in a standard config will usually start off the choke and NO throttle.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

MadMotoUK
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: FZR400,600, CBR893

Post by MadMotoUK » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:54 pm

I'd advise against Easy Start, it can knacker the valves if you use it too much. I use premium petrol in a spray gun.

eeriedess
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by eeriedess » Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:22 pm

HI MAGG IVE SOLVED THE PROBLEM AND IT WAS NOT A FUEL ISSUE------THE SPARK PLUGS WERE SPARKING BUT NOT THE BIG FAT BLUE SPARK EVERY MANUAL TELLS YOU YOU SHOULD HAVE.SO I BOUGHT A SET OF DENSO IRIDIUM PLUGS AND LITERALLY ONE TOUCH ON THE STARTER BUTTON AND IT FIRED UP SAT THERE HAPPILY BURBLING AWAY ON ALL CYLINDERS.
IF I HAD CHANGED THE PLUGS AT THE BEGINNING IT WOULD HAVE SAVED ME TWO MONTHS OF TEARING THINGS OFF AND REWORKING BITS LIKE THE STARTER MOTOR NEW INSULATORS NEW COILS AND PLUG LEADS AND PLUG CAPS---SE LA VIE