Won’t start

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Jordansilver1
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: Fizzy FS1E royal Enfield Grom
Re: Won’t start

Post by Jordansilver1 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:38 pm

Also are all rectifier on Honda vfr400 nc30 the same as my bike is a L plate 94 I see these for sale on sites with certain years but plugs look same

magg
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400

Post by magg » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:10 am

Given the conflicting readings between your dash mounted voltmeter and the charger, I would not continue to fault find until you have obtained a mutlimeter that can confirm either of the battery voltage readings.

Jordansilver1
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Jordansilver1 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:54 am

Ok thanks magg for your help really appreciate it I’ll pop down local bike shop later this morning to see if he can check the battery over

Jordansilver1
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Jordansilver1 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:22 am

Had battery tested in local
Shop he did a drop test and was 12.7v he said it was ok I also checked block on right side 3 yellow wires and all looks good so I better take it to local shop to do some tests

Jordansilver1
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Jordansilver1 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:07 pm

Fitted new battery and bike started on first go so took bike to local shop he tested the battery and all was good but when I started her battery reading 15vupwatds 17v he said I need a new rectifier and he gave me a price of £95 for a moss one plus fitting as the new one comes with a new block and he likes to cut solder the new block also

Jordansilver1
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Jordansilver1 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:54 pm

Rectifier I’ve been told is from electrex world RR58 £75+vat guy In local bike Shop said he would charge me to change the plug there is nothing know with my plug but he says it comes with new plug so he likes to fit it