NC35 Fuel Issue

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
DentedFrequency
One Hit Wonder
Reactions:
NC35 Fuel Issue

Post by DentedFrequency » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:18 am

Hi All,

After some help in pointing me in the right direction. I have a 93 RFV400 which has a fuel starvation issue during the initial 5 or so minutes after startup, goes like this:

Choke on, fire it up, starts first crank no worries.
Let it warm up a little on idle.
Once warmed a little, choke in and head off, will feel a little sluggish on the throttle usually.
Get about 2 mins down the road, bike seems like it's struggling for fuel, dies (usually in the middle of a roundabout, or somewhere equally as annoying)
Let the bike sit on side of the road for 15 mins.
Fire it up again for take 2 as you're sick of sitting around.
Bike runs perfectly fine for the rest of the ride.

It does this every time. Just had it fully serviced, carbs cleaned and balanced, but it still follows this annoying pattern. I'm hoping it's something simple, maybe an issue with the fuel tap/diaphragm?

Thanks for any and all suggestions!!!

magg
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400
Re: NC35 Fuel Issue

Post by magg » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:43 pm

Had an occasional similar experience and converted fuel tap to full manual and have not had a recurrence of the issue.

dgunthor
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: NC35 Fuel Issue

Post by dgunthor » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:26 am

Hi, i had a similar issue - would start on full choke, 2 mins later would die and refuse to restart. Turned out to be split in fuel tap diaphragm - bought a parts kit for the fuel tap and fine since