Petrol in crankcase.. lots of it.

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Petrol in crankcase.. lots of it.

Post by hunter » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:51 pm

Then keyster stuff is crap,
Give rick Oliver a call get some decent ones.

dirty30-2008
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC 30, TZR 250

Post by dirty30-2008 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:12 am

Sfunny. The third post in mentions that they were supplied by RO. Maybe the keyster kits are .....as Hunter puts it "crap", but RO can only supply what is out there and possibly these maybe unfit for purpose or I have a faulty one. I was hoping for something a bit more constructive. The question remains the same. Has anyone had any experience with the keyster kit (needle valve and seat)?

Speedy
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: RVF400RR, ER6n

Post by Speedy » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:58 am

My guess, you had some crap in the tank that got lodged in the tap, keeping it open.
For that much fuel to reach the engine, it means it traveled from the tank and then got passed the carbs, so that needs checking again.
Dismantle the fuel tap and make sure the tank is clean too.
When the mind is relaxed, the body will go faster! 8-)

dirty30-2008
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by dirty30-2008 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:18 pm

Thanks Speedy. I'm not in a rush to take the tap apart as it appears to function correctly at this moment. My main focus is the carb set up with the keyster needle valves. I was hoping that someone on the forum would have replaced theirs with the Keyster kit and may have run into same issue. I have refitted the carbs, left the tank on and emptied the sump completely and will leave it alone and see if anything makes it way into the sump. If so this will point to a faulty tap and float set up combined....Then I will look at the tap as need be.
Thankfully I have the luxury of another bike at my disposal and can take my time
Cheers for your thoughts.

dirty30-2008
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by dirty30-2008 » Thu May 16, 2019 5:16 pm

Been a while but thought I'd post an update. Took out the Keyster needle valves and seats and put the old ones back in , resetting the float heights and voila. She fired up . Has been left and tested over consecutive days and all appears as it should. Will post a comparison pic of the keyster and original needle valve and seat later so you can make up your own conclusion....but hey I ain't bothered.....unless it happens again.....nah.
Certainly had me confused for a while but means I can look at other things now.
Cheers.

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9

Post by CMSMJ1 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:24 pm

Good news
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate