Nc 35 help

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Lilmick
Settled in member
Reactions:
Nc 35 help

Post by Lilmick » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:36 am

Gday brought a nc35 first time owner brought from an importer that had bike sitting for a few years and subsequently used as a spares bike so a few bits missing okay fiirst problem how do i get carbs off the screw on the clamps faces down into the v can sort of get to left side but right side no way and problem 2 it wont engage any gears and don't ask the basic questions long time bike owner/modifier bike doesn't run as carbs need cleaning it is in neutral lever moves but won't engage a gear was working when imported also have turned engine over with starter no difference as to the carb removal I am contemplating removing engine and if that happens well something else will be going in

Foxy400
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 Bonneville CBR600F4i
Re: Nc 35 help

Post by Foxy400 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:04 am

Sorry to be pedantic but a little bit of punctuation would make this easier easier to read ;) .

Lilmick
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Lilmick » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:09 am

My old man gave me some advice a long time ago if you have nothing of any intelligence to say keep your mouth shut as the query wasn't about grammer

magg
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400

Post by magg » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:56 am

+1 for Foxy400 and given your qualifications, "don't ask the basic questions long time bike owner/modifier", why do you need any assistance?

Simplysideways
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Simplysideways » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:15 pm

With all the advise your old man gave you ..... he didn’t happen to say “ Don’t cut off the hand that feeds you?”

RickOliver
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by RickOliver » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:31 pm

sp. grammar :grin:

Lilmick
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Lilmick » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:38 am

Seriously is this a site for grown ups or does everyone crap on about the most inane bullshit I ask for some tips/help and I get corrected I shake my head riding motorcycles is a way of life we are not correct in anyway at all but you lot ha I bet you stick to the speed limit and obey all of the rules ya nothing but a bunch of armchair wankers out of here

NGneer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: x3 NC30,Matchless G80s AJS16ms

Post by NGneer » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:36 am

Well that escalated quickly.

Lilmick, put the dummy back in. The banter on here may be a bit sharp sometimes but it is never personal and the information and knowledge on here is genuinely second to none.

With regard to your carb clamps, I would suggest a 'long' posi-drive screwdriver (@ 18" or 450mm if you are metric). With this, and a torch, you can reach right under your carbs from the left hand side to reach the clamps on the right hand side. When you put the carbs back on, bear this in mind and position the clamps so they can be lined up best for tightening and subsequent untightening from the left hand side at a later date.

If the engine was working when it was laid up I cannot think of anything that would stop the gear selector working due to just inactivity. IF you can get the bike running I would suspect the circulation of some fresh oil and warming of the components may free things up again. if not it is a major engine split to get to the gearbox and fork selectors to check them.

Hope that helps

Lilmick
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Lilmick » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:11 pm

Cheers bloke will try your suggestion never have had to use a posi drive will look more in to it I suspect the same deal with the gearbox like I said first time owner of a 400 grey and there are bikes out there that have strange idiosyncrasies if that is the right word like my laverda it won't fire if the kick stand is down but clutch doesn't have to be depressed so thanks for the help and ideas wasn't really spitting the dummy just over crap like that Cheers again

The Novice
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC23 NC30 CRM250

Post by The Novice » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:26 pm

posi drive is just a fancy flat head...….