Is this goodbye for my NC35?

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Foxy400
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 Bonneville CBR600F4i
Re: Is this goodbye for my NC35?

Post by Foxy400 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:28 am

I don't have a problem sharing and I know it may be useful for anyone else who's having problems they can't sort themselves. It cost me £2000. BT090's and the Nitron accounted for almost a third, which weren't essential but obviously I chose to have. Some of the work involved correcting 'mistakes' made by at least two other workshops that said they knew what they were doing but clearly didn't. For example, wrongly set-up carbs and incorrect front sprocket. As I said before, the bike has been transformed. I didn't know how good it could be. So for me that was money well spent..anyway, what else am I going to do with it? :grin:

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9

Post by CMSMJ1 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:30 am

Thanks mate - I agree, what else are you going to do?

I may have to review what I am doing about mine.... I have no garage, I have no time...but I think that I want my moto giving a once over and probably putting back to a working, road legal position - from the current broken gearbox fucked bike it is now
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

Foxy400
Reactions:

Post by Foxy400 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:30 pm

cbr400rrn wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:37 pm
Don't forget to ask him please,
i park the bike up around October time ( although it may have only been used 10 times that year so always gets filled up with super unleaded except over winter when it's drained completely.) It doesn't go back out until all the salt has gone from the roads so end of April time. ( hasn't been used for the past 2 years though and may not get used this year but you get the idea.)
[/quote

I spoke to Graeme France about this again. It seems we were talking at cross purposes the first time. I didn't mention leaded fuel to him but he somehow got the idea that I was suggesting using and comparing leaded and unleaded fuel (which I wasn't, nobody would put leaded fuel in their bike!). To cut a long story..etc..etc..ordinary unleaded or super unleaded are both fine.

I don't know why this reply has appeared in the 'greyed out' quote box, maybe I pressed a wrong button :stupid:

cbr400rrn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 CBR600F

Post by cbr400rrn » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:35 pm

Cheers for remembering to ask him.
Clears that up for me, ta.

Foxy400
Reactions:

Post by Foxy400 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:57 pm

CMSMJ1 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:30 am

I may have to review what I am doing about mine.... I have no garage, I have no time...but I think that I want my moto giving a once over and probably putting back to a working, road legal position - from the current broken gearbox fucked bike it is now
I know this is going back a long way but I just rediscovered this post. Did you ever get your bike sorted?

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:

Post by CMSMJ1 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:24 am

Foxy400 wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:57 pm
CMSMJ1 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:30 am

I know this is going back a long way but I just rediscovered this post. Did you ever get your bike sorted?
Now then :)

Apt timing... as I collected my bike this weekend from a nice chap who had stripped it down and cleaned/blasted everything on it.
Engine swapped in - and running
Carbs stripped and serviced
forks, brakes and chassis bearings - all replaced.

I'm not interested in road riding at the minute and so it has a set of race fairings that need a lick of paint and I need some new tyres for it but then it is time to get back on track and ride the old bugger.

It was more expensive that I wanted it to be - but there is no small amount of work in stripping a bike to it's consituent parts, cleaning and painting it all up and then getting it back together. I'm happy - it's done now and as long as I have the spare motors and tyres to use I'll be riding my bike for some time yet
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

Foxy400
Reactions:

Post by Foxy400 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:25 am

That's good news and I'm glad to hear it's sorted. Yup, keeping these bike in full working order can be bloody expensive unless you're capable of doing it yourself, which I'm not (other than the basics). I've owned my 35 for over seven years (cost me £2150) and the 29 for more than two. I avoid calculating how much I've spent but it's several thousands beyond their original cost, far more than I ever expected and more than I'll ever recoup (probably).
Both of them are in a much better condition than when they arrived, for example the 35 has a full set of professionally repainted OEM panels tucked away while it wears very acceptable Tyga bodywork (no Chinese crap for my bike!). Still looking for an uncut under tray though. I've no idea how much the bike (fully fettled by Graeme France) plus Tyga kit plus OEM panels would sell for but atm I don't care.

In those 7 years of ownership I have never seen another NC35 or NC29 (or NC30) on the road. Maybe one day you'll get yours out there.

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:

Post by CMSMJ1 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:59 pm

Foxy400 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:25 am
That's good news and I'm glad to hear it's sorted. Yup, keeping these bike in full working order can be bloody expensive unless you're capable of doing it yourself, which I'm not (other than the basics). I've owned my 35 for over seven years (cost me £2150) and the 29 for more than two. I avoid calculating how much I've spent but it's several thousands beyond their original cost, far more than I ever expected and more than I'll ever recoup (probably).
Both of them are in a much better condition than when they arrived, for example the 35 has a full set of professionally repainted OEM panels tucked away while it wears very acceptable Tyga bodywork (no Chinese crap for my bike!). Still looking for an uncut under tray though. I've no idea how much the bike (fully fettled by Graeme France) plus Tyga kit plus OEM panels would sell for but atm I don't care.

In those 7 years of ownership I have never seen another NC35 or NC29 (or NC30) on the road. Maybe one day you'll get yours out there.
I've had mine since 2003 - spent loads on it..

Paul aka CRM has had all of these bikes and was a Chesire local til a couple tears back.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

cbr400rrn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 CBR600F

Post by cbr400rrn » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:31 pm

Ahh bollox to it it's only money, may as well enjoy it whilst you're alive as it's no good to you when you're dead (apparently :whistle: )
I've also spent a hell of a lot on all my bikes and like you will never get it back when i sell but i've made the bikes my own so never have any intentions to sell any of them (hopefully never will have to.)
Anyway pics please Mark including details of what was done. :peace: