Couple of questions

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
nc30 duck
Settled in member
Reactions:
Couple of questions

Post by nc30 duck » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:46 pm

Hello all, realise I don’t post often, so apologise for popping up looking for help!

I have an nc30 r3n with twin stack Tyga system. I rejetted (120/122 I think) and replaced needles as per recommendation from rick Oliver. But after a dyno run to investigate poor response at 6-7k rpm it seems the bike is rich across the range but very rich low down.

Question is related to the cdi mod and what it actually changes!? I can see how to do it, but don’t understand what actually changes.

Cheers,
Matt

RoninZX-10R
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 racebike, ZX10R roadbike
Re: Couple of questions

Post by RoninZX-10R » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:54 pm

If you're referring to the 2.2K ohm resister that's installed in the orange/blue wire, it's used when the speedo has been removed for race bikes. If the resister isn't installed the ignition control unit restricts the amount of revs the engine can get to (I can't remember but I think it may stop once it gets to approx. 8,000rpm???).

magg
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400

Post by magg » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:14 am

As RoninZX-10R says Ignition mod allows full engine revs if the speedo is removed, otherwise mis-fire occurs at approx. 5000 rpm. Would suggest you just rejet to suit the engine's current mixture requirements. Any changes to exhaust/fuel system can have an effect for better or worse.

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954

Post by Neosophist » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:28 pm

yep yep.. get it jetted to suit, the igniton box "mod" just cuts the speeo restriction as been already mentioned, doesnt do anything else.. you dont even need that resistor either you can just join the wires toegher.
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...