Mystery carbs...

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
NC301990
One Hit Wonder
Reactions:
Mystery carbs...

Post by NC301990 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:23 am

I bought a UK L coded NC30 from a guy who brought in 24 bikes last year of all types. He took it to a shop back east to get the bike running and it only runs strong through the first 3 gears. It bogs and feels like it is misfiring in 5th or 6th gear at normal road speeds. Shop said the stock carbs were no good, so put on a set of parts bike carbs and installed 4 hole emulsion tubes and 115 main jets all around.

Carb ID numbers are not in normal range of NC30 carbs on lists that I can find//// E3D{B}FB7. They appear to be normal V4 carb racks, but the calibration and original application is unknown. L series bikes are supposed to have 120/122 mains with 5 hole emulsion tubes on the back and 4 holes on the front carbs.

Anyone have an idea of what these carbs actually fit originally?

Bill Silver

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954
Re: Mystery carbs...

Post by Neosophist » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:30 pm

UK nc30 carbs have metal sliders in them which is the easiest way to identify them, there is a thread in the workshop about nc30 uk / jdm differences.

if you have the uk carbs id try and rebuild clean them.

If they fit they are only going to be off one of a few types of engines,, nc21/24/nc30/nc35.

The NC24 had 115 mainjets all aroudn in it so they could well be nc24 carbs.

any pictures of the carbs?
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...