FUEL TANK FRONT MOUNT RUBBER

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
eeriedess
Settled in member
Reactions:
FUEL TANK FRONT MOUNT RUBBER

Post by eeriedess » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:52 pm

HI FELLAS--WELL I`VE SEPARATED MY LEAKING CARBS -REFURBED JETS AND FITTED VITON SEALS--REASSEMBLED AND REPLACED ON ENGINE WITH NEW INLET RUBBERS AFTER CHANGING THE CLAMP SCREWS WITH SOCKET HEAD STAINLESS BOLTS(REAL EASY TO FIND/TIGHTEN/AND UNDO WITH A LONG BALLEND SCREWDRIVER).
I ALSO REBUILT THE FUEL TAP(PETCOCK)WITH A NEW DIAPHRAGM KIT FROM EBAY AS THE PREVIOUS OWNER HAD RUN IT WITH A SPLIT DIAPHRAM AND HAD MERELY PLUGGED THE VAC TUBE FROM No 3 INLET STUB NOT A SMART MOVE IF A FLOAT NEEDLE STICKS OPEN AND FUEL CONTINUES TO DRIBBLE INTO ENGINE OIL!!
SYNCHED THE CARBS STATICALLY ON THE BUTTERFLIES WITH A DIAL GAUGE INDICATOR AND HAD PREVIOUSLY CLEANED AND DABBED WHITE PAINT ON THE HEADS OF THE 3 SYNCH SCREWS TO SPOT THEM EASIER FOR FINAL ADJUST WHEN ON THE ENGINE.
REMOTE FUEL SUPPLY--FULL CHOKE--FIRED UP FIRST TIME OF ASKING AND SAT IDLING LIKE A WATCH WITH CHOKE OFF--JOB DONE --WELL WORTH THE EFFORT.

BIKES BEEN APART FOR A YEAR SO CLEANED OUT THE FUEL TANK BUT WHEN IT WAS TIME TO PUT BACK ON THE BIKE--AFTER HALF AN HOUR OF BACK TO FRONT/ UPSIDE DOWN I JUST CANNOT FIGURE OUT HOW THE FRONT RUBBER FITS ON THE TANK FRONT AND TO THE FRAME !!! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP :!:

NGneer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: x3 NC30,Matchless G80s AJS16ms
Re: FUEL TANK FRONT MOUNT RUBBER

Post by NGneer » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:20 pm

OK - WE GET IT. NO NEED TO SHOUT! ;)

Hopefully this should help you orientate the rubber correctly and then the slot in the rubber mount engages with the frame. Might need a bit of a wiggle to get it fully seated but once you have the rubber in the right way it should become pretty much apparent how it goes.

:rocks:

eeriedess
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by eeriedess » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:56 pm

hi thanks for the reply--now you got me wondering where on earth did you find that diagram--it sure aint in no Haynes manual man--I still can`t figure out though if the "cowhorn bracket" goes under, or over the rubber, cos there`s no way it goes "inside" the rubber.
Bye the bye---all these years later are there guys around out there that still subscribe to the "you're using Caps so you must be shouting" attitude?---I`m 74 years old and don't have perfect eyesight so I find it easier for me to use caps and lets face it--wasn`t it easier to read my post in caps rather than lower case?
If you have a diagram of the rubber on the tank that would put this post to bed and I can get back to riding!!!!!
Thanks once again.

Foxy400
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 Bonneville CBR600F4i

Post by Foxy400 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:20 pm

That diagram can be found on the cmsnl.com site (as well as other places). I've found their parts diagrams very helpful over the years. Seeing as you asked the question, no it's not easier to read text in capital letters, in fact it's more difficult but if it helps you then fair enough.

eeriedess
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by eeriedess » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:27 pm

ok fellas I studied the diagram kindly posted by NGneer--placed the mount IN THE FRAME--and pushed the front mount down over the airbox and up UNDER the rubber---fitted side rubbers and bolted down the rear mount---tried to pull the front of tank loose and it didn`t budge and the front rubber did not fall out --so I figure it must be fitted in the correct position.
Thanks once again fellas for your posts. :grin: