Looking For Advice on removing an NC21 frame.

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Wolffe
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400 NC21
Looking For Advice on removing an NC21 frame.

Post by Wolffe » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:30 am

So I would like to remove my frame to do some work on it as i noticed a small crack on one of the center engine mount welds (nothing that can't be fixed) and I would also like to polish the frame up as it looks like it has seen better days and the previous owner used quid shop rattle cans to make it black and removing the paint with the frame on the bike is a pain in the ass,I also want to do some work on the engine while the bike is apart (gaskets and exhaust studs need fixing up a little),

I am wondering what is the best way to remove the frame from the motorcycle and where to start without dissembling everything, I figured I could probably take the bike apart in sections keeping certain areas of the bike together and that would be easiest, also if anyone knows any of the Torque specs (or where I can find them) so I can put it back together as it is supposed to be that will help a lot

:pray:

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954
Re: Looking For Advice on removing an NC21 frame.

Post by Neosophist » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:36 am

There isnt really anything you can leave if you want to get the frame off the bike...

remove carbs, drain fuel, remove all elctrics from engine, remove swingarm / forks etc etc.

you can just drop the engine / rad and have a rolling chassis if yuo want to leave swingarm and forks on there, probably easieist if your just faffing aroudn with the frame.
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...