Parts for NC30 in South Africa?

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Joelaman
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR 400 NC30(current)
Parts for NC30 in South Africa?

Post by Joelaman » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:14 pm

Hi guys,

I know most of you are in the UK and other random countries but I was hoping someone can help me to find a place to buy good spares for my NC30.
Planning a semi-full rebuild soon and i don't want to get stuck for months searching for parts as this is my only form of transport.(besides this really crappy scooter i will be using while doing the rebuild)

Thanks a lot

TZcRank
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Parts for NC30 in South Africa?

Post by TZcRank » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:34 pm

What are you looking for?

decngb
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC21, NC24, NC30, VFR800, MC19

Post by decngb » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:42 pm

The few of us with these bikes in the USA have the same problem. I figure out which parts I need and do a search for them on a USA-based dealer parts site. In many cases, the same parts were used on a bike which was officially sold here and I'm in luck. If that doesn't work, I use https://cmsnl.com or Rick Oliver or David Silver Spares to order new parts from Europe.

For discontinued parts, searching on https://www.ebay.co.uk helps, but in many cases I have to reach out to the lister and ask them to add my country to the shipping options. There are also Japan auction sites, but then you need to add in the cost of working with some kind of 3rd party purchaser and deal with horrible automatic Japanese translators (unless you can read Japanese).

Joelaman
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR 400 NC30(current)

Post by Joelaman » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:21 am

How often are parts discontinued and how expensive is it to import the parts from europe?