Nc30 master cylinder bleeding!

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
gibbo852
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: cbr 600 vfr400nc30
Nc30 master cylinder bleeding!

Post by gibbo852 » Wed May 09, 2018 2:46 pm

Any of you ever bled your master cylinder for the front brake or know how to go about it? Im having a real desperate time bleeding my brakes after refurb on the calipers

magg
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400
Re: Nc30 master cylinder bleeding!

Post by magg » Thu May 10, 2018 8:12 am

Remove calipers from fork legs and press pistons back into the calipers. Place a spacer between the pads that is close to the thickness of each disc, it can be helpful to remove the master cylinder from the bike and support on a piece of tube to align the reservoir as the highest point if air does bleed easily back to the reservoir. Pump the master cylinder until pressure is developed that pushes the pistons against the spacer. Remove the spacers and lever the pistons back into the calipers. Air bubbles should appear at the master cylinder reservoir as the pistons are pushed back. Repeat until there are no air bubbles returned to the master cylinder reservoir and you have a hard lever when the pads make contact with the spacer. Remove spacer and refit calipers and refit the master cylinder if you have removed it.

Romney1
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Romney1 » Thu May 10, 2018 9:23 am

I had a nightmare doing mine in the end just used a pump bottle and pushed the fluid from the calipers into the master cylinder then a couple of standard bleeds did the trick

graemes1098
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by graemes1098 » Fri May 18, 2018 10:41 pm

Same here.

Replaced standard hoses for stainless and just couldn’t get a good bleed. Took around an hour for it to come good manually.

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954

Post by Neosophist » Sat May 19, 2018 2:02 pm

angle the handlebars so the fluid in the resevoir is higher than the banjo bolt, if you have it at a bad angle youll get air trapped in the banjo bolt of the resevoir and it wont bleed. if you use a ring spanner, have a rag aroudn the banjo and crack it while pulling the brake lever in and tighten it back up as soon as the lever starts to depress, can help purge air out the banjo.
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...

Suzuki416
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 3 x NC35, 3x NC24, NC29, RC46

Post by Suzuki416 » Sat May 19, 2018 7:21 pm

Neosophist wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 2:02 pm
angle the handlebars so the fluid in the resevoir is higher than the banjo bolt, if you have it at a bad angle youll get air trapped in the banjo bolt of the resevoir and it wont bleed. if you use a ring spanner, have a rag aroudn the banjo and crack it while pulling the brake lever in and tighten it back up as soon as the lever starts to depress, can help purge air out the banjo.
& thats exactly how I have had to bleed both my RVF's & one of my 24's this year - i also use cling film to cover all exposed areas.. This is due to doing a full rebuild on all bikes so had zero fluid in the lines.