NC35 Help w/ Jet Markings

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
SPOONDIDDLY
Settled in member
Reactions:
NC35 Help w/ Jet Markings

Post by SPOONDIDDLY » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:25 am

Hey Guys,

about 2-years ago I purchased what I thought to be 112 main jets for my NC35 to suit the HiFlo air filter and full exhaust system. The bike runs well but I have since converted it to a track bike and wanted to experiment with 115-118 mains to see how it performs.

Upon disassembling the carbs I noticed that the jets have 120 stamped on the top (rather than 112) and the genuine Keihin replacement jets that I have have the numbers stamped on the side with the K logo. This has me a little stumped as I don't want to drop down in jet size just yet.

It's not a lot to go on, but could these be aftermarket jets that number slightly differently (eg. 120 is the same as 112)? Or is it likely that these are genuine Keihin jets but they sent me the incorrect size to begin with?

I purchased the jets from Show & Go in Australia but because it's Anzac Day they are closed, so can't ask them.
I plan on getting the bike dyno'd in the future, however I have today off and a track day on saturday so was hoping to sort this out before then.

Any information or possible clarification would be greatly appreciated.

magg
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400
Re: NC35 Help w/ Jet Markings

Post by magg » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:05 am

Show & Go are Keihin distributors so would expect they supply genuine but no "K" suggests an equivalent copy, but a call would confirm. You could start with the 120, if legit Keihin size. Believe 120 Keihin should measure 1.14 mm hole.