NC35 Indicator Fittings

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
bluetinfloor
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: RVF400, CBR600RR, CBR900RR
NC35 Indicator Fittings

Post by bluetinfloor » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:47 pm

Having successfully conquered charging issues on my project NC35, I am now onto more mundane issues prior to MOT time. Both front and rear indicators came in a box and are missing the fittings, I just have the unit with the attached cable (3 wires). From the parts diagram the fitting parts looks like a rubber mount with a top hat spacer and bolt through to the thread in the indicator unit and I can see mouldings on the front and rear fairings where the rubber mount would marry up with. Would anyone know if and where these fitting parts might be available ? I have checked david silver and they are not listed and searched ebay with no luck, I could bodge the indicators on with a suitable sized bolt and washers but not ideal. Thanks

Foxy400
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 Bonneville CBR600F4i
Re: NC35 Indicator Fittings

Post by Foxy400 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:08 pm

I have spent soooo long messing with indicators, so here you go:
Front indicators have 3 wires, a flat blade-type 2 filament 18/5W bulb and the inner shell is grey. Rear indicators have 2 wires, a bayonet-type single filament 15W bulb and the inner shell is black.
The rubber mount is part no.33611-KV3-700. Cost 5 euros. Top hat spacer is part no.33611-MR7-000. Cost 5 euros. The original screw and washer are 0.50 euros each. All parts available from www.cmsnl.com. So no bodging required :grin:

Before you order from cmsnl.com check if there are other parts you need and get them at the same time because VAT plus p&p may well be more than the cost of the indicator parts.

Just in case you don't know, the front indicators with their 3 wires were originally designed to be permanently on as running lights (a Japanese requirement apparently). The 3rd wire can be left unconnected so they act as normal indicators. I would guess that original rear indicators may fit at the front because they all have the same fittings and you don't need a 3rd wire. However you could then only use 15W bulbs all round which I'm fairly sure would bugger up the flash rate (a problem I'm currently dealing with on my NC35).

Hope this has been of some help. Let us know how you get on.

bluetinfloor
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: RVF400, CBR600RR, CBR900RR

Post by bluetinfloor » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:32 am

Thanks for that link - just the job and will sort out getting hold of the fittings. Yep, 3 wires at the front and 2 at the back, connected the front up and permanently on as you say which worried me, but a quick goggle search and pulling the 2 colour wires on each side was a thankful and easy fix. Getting there with the bike, photo below, some panel lugs missing which I will work round until I know its through the MOT and running ok. Mirrors that came with the bike seem seized at the ball joint and wont adjust, so not fitted until I see whats what.

Foxy400
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 Bonneville CBR600F4i

Post by Foxy400 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:24 am

I found the original OEM mirrors that came with the bike, and a genuine Honda replacement, are all very difficult to adjust. Two won't move at all and the third only slightly. Maybe it's a common problem.