Seat Lock Mechanism - need some help

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
decngb
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC21, NC24, NC30, VFR800, MC19
Seat Lock Mechanism - need some help

Post by decngb » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:35 pm

I'm looking for a favor from a fellow NC30 owner. My bike came without the rear seat lock, and I'm trying to install one. I managed to get the lock and bracket that holds the lock on the bodywork. The bike came with the cable mechanism, but I think I'm missing part 14 from the schematic on https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-vfr400r3-19 ... ml#results. Of course that part is unavailable. Can someone snap a few pictures of how and where that part is attached? At this point I can't see how the arm on the lock manages to move anything to move the arm which activates the cable.

Thanks for any help!

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954
Re: Seat Lock Mechanism - need some help

Post by Neosophist » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:28 pm

xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...

decngb
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by decngb » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:50 am

Thanks. I definitely have that part in place. I can stick a finger through the rear fairing where the lock is supposed to be, and lift a lever to get the seat off. Somehow the roatating action on the lock arm is supposed to lift the lever, but I convinced myself the lock arm doesn't reach far enough. I'll have to take the fairing off in the morning and do some more looking. Maybe I'm just confusing myself by looking at the parts diagram too much!

decngb
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by decngb » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:26 am

I decided to stay up late, put on a jacket and shoes, and head out to the cold garage. The pictures helped - it turns out the lever attached to the lock cable was bent 90 degrees out of alignment. That's why I had to lift the lever to remove the seat. I bent it back and it seems to still be strong enough. I installed the lock and the rear fairing, and it works!

Thanks Neo!