NC30 parts cross reference ?

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
cha0s242
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 1990 NC30, 2015 Yam FJ-09
NC30 parts cross reference ?

Post by cha0s242 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:07 pm

I have a crap load of new parts to buy and was wondering if there exists a table or a link displaying the cross references to parts from other bikes that fit the NC30.

I found this link that does list a few : http://www.john-purcell.com/motorcycle/ ... erence.htm
Anything helps. Thanks.

JZH
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: RSCBRRVFVFRST
Re: NC30 parts cross reference ?

Post by JZH » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:05 pm

Any such lists will always be incomplete. With grey market bikes it is always a good idea to learn how to read and interpret the Honda part numbering system and how to work with online parts catalogues (e.g., how to search, using incomplete part numbers).

There will always be "close" matches that may still fit the bike, but these will most likely share the first five digits of the Honda part number with the NC30 part you're trying to replace. Good luck.

Ciao,
JZH

London, UK/So.Cal., USA
www.vsource.org

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954
Re: NC30 parts cross reference ?

Post by Neosophist » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:10 am

cha0s242 wrote:I have a crap load of new parts to buy and was wondering if there exists a table or a link displaying the cross references to parts from other bikes that fit the NC30.

I found this link that does list a few : http://www.john-purcell.com/motorcycle/ ... erence.htm
Anything helps. Thanks.
as above really...

the middle number of the part number indicates which bike family the bike was originally designed for... ie.. xxxx-mr8-xxx etc etc.

This used to be useful when local dealers wouldnt import foreign parts you could sometimes read the manual and find that your brake lever for example is the same lever used on a domestic model, which they will order... nowadays with the internet and online shopping so easy its not really much of an issue.

As for cross-reference, a very high number of the parts on this bike were made specific for the vfr400 family of bikes and apart from things like oil filter and maybe levers not a lot was used on any other bikes verbatim.

as already pointed out you can probably make other stuff fit if needed.

was it anything in partciluar you were looking at?
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...