ZXR400H1 front with NC30 wheel spacers

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Annonym
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: ZXR 250A, VFR400 NC30 89' 93'
ZXR400H1 front with NC30 wheel spacers

Post by Annonym » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:18 pm

Hy Everyone.

After I done with my first 89’ NC30 I bought my second broken 93’ NC30 last year and going to repair him to. 8-)
The plan is to use both bike’s parts and get back the 89’NC30 to its former glory because I have all the pieces that nedded to make it original again. :pray:
The second one is just for pure fun. :twisted:
My problem is that my forks are bent like s.it and finding spares for these bikes in Hungary is impossible. (I’m happy if I find broken fairing pieces for the bike)
So searching the internet for USD forks (just the look and the low price matters) but mostly old zxr750 forks for horrible prices, but this week I have some luck and my neighbour selling parts of a zxr400H1 that I planned to buy 2 years before.

Long story short I bought the frontend, sadly without the wheel/discs/spindle and spacers.
I thought I can use the vfr wheel and discs with the TOKICO calipers.
First question is the vfr wheel/discs will fit in?
Second I have to make my own spindle and spacers not a big deal, but I need to know what are the measurements for the spacers? :geek:
I know these forks are longer a bit, beside what I listed is there a chance that I will face with other problems?

Sorry for the bad English, not used in the past years!!! :whistle:

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954
Re: ZXR400H1 front with NC30 wheel spacers

Post by Neosophist » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:08 pm

you need yokes / tripples etc to fit them.

the conversion has been done before, i think Rick Oliver / Gavin @ Jap4 did or still do sell fitting kits to install zxr400 forks onto a vfr400.

they might be good place to start.

I think its waste of time and expensive conversion, stock nc30 forks, especially with new springs work very well.. could easily get a set of nc30 forks or just replacement tubes quite cheap.
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...

Annonym
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: ZXR 250A, VFR400 NC30 89' 93'
Re: ZXR400H1 front with NC30 wheel spacers

Post by Annonym » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:26 am

I have everything for it except the wheel, spacers and spindle.
I'ts painful for the pocket to order stuff from England to Hungary.
Getting NC30 forks problematic couse only a few bikes arrived to the country maybe 30 or 50 not more. (You find one for sale once a year)
ZXRs are more popular here and I got the forntend for 86GBP if I calculated well.

In the meantime I bought a ZXR400L frontend too and it has everything so maybe the problem will solve itself with the new forntwheel and stuff.