NC30 - eccentric hub wear

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
lukemillar
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: '89 NC30 Racebike #24
NC30 - eccentric hub wear

Post by lukemillar » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:34 am

Hey all,

Has anyone seen this before:

I noticed there was play in the sprocket carrier despite the outer nuts still being staked in position. Looks like the carrier has been pressing back onto the adjuster and machining it away. I'm wondering if this is just wear or whether I am missing a spacer/washer? The carrier is mounted directly onto the splines with nothing to separate the two parts. I have a thrust and a flat washer under the nut

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Luke

Minimoto
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: NC30 - eccentric hub wear

Post by Minimoto » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:27 am

This should help I'd what should be there..Image

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Dynamohum
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Dynamohum » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:05 am

The spacer washer no 7 that sits on the shaft between the bearing and sprocket carrier is missing i stupidly did same thing a while back couldnt figure out how carrier kept coming loose with hub nut staked had same wear on back of the carrier.

lukemillar
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by lukemillar » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:15 am

Dynamohum wrote:The spacer washer no 7 that sits on the shaft between the bearing and sprocket carrier is missing i stupidly did same thing a while back couldnt figure out how carrier kept coming loose with hub nut staked had same wear on back of the carrier.
Sweet - makes sense!

If anyone has one handy - could they measure the ID, OD and thickness for me please? The part is discontinued but I can easily make something

Thanks
Luke

richyrd5
Reactions:

Post by richyrd5 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:06 am

I might have the washer on the carrier Luke,in sure its stuck to the inside .will check and if its there I will send it with carrier OK..

jim157
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:
Bike owned: A few small ones

Post by jim157 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:57 pm

lukemillar wrote:
Dynamohum wrote:The spacer washer no 7 that sits on the shaft between the bearing and sprocket carrier is missing i stupidly did same thing a while back couldnt figure out how carrier kept coming loose with hub nut staked had same wear on back of the carrier.
Sweet - makes sense!

If anyone has one handy - could they measure the ID, OD and thickness for me please? The part is discontinued but I can easily make something

Thanks
Luke
I've just removed my hub to clean out a couple of decades worth of dirt and grit so I've got easy access-
ID = 40mm, OD = 50mm, thickness = 5mm
AUTOEXEC.TWAT

lukemillar
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by lukemillar » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:50 am

Cheers guys. If it comes with the carrier that would be awesome! If not, Thanks for the dimensions Jim

TessierAshpoolSA
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by TessierAshpoolSA » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:46 pm

Up till a couple months ago I had a spare swingarm complete I would have given you. The fuckwit that bought all my NC30 spares for nothing might still have it - want me to see if I can contact him or pass a number on?

RickOliver
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by RickOliver » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:58 pm

Luke -

That part has the same dimensions as the rear collar in my chain spacer kit so I have them here ready made if that`s any help - mail me if you want one ricknc30@gmail.com

Cheers,
Rick

lukemillar
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by lukemillar » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:24 am

TessierAshpoolSA wrote:Up till a couple months ago I had a spare swingarm complete I would have given you. The fuckwit that bought all my NC30 spares for nothing might still have it - want me to see if I can contact him or pass a number on?
Trying to source one locally. I'll see how that pans out but thanks for the offer!

RickOliver wrote:Luke -

That part has the same dimensions as the rear collar in my chain spacer kit so I have them here ready made if that`s any help - mail me if you want one ricknc30@gmail.com

Cheers,
Rick
I think I have one in the sprocket carrier I just bought but if not then I'll definitely buy one from you!