NC24 Front Brake Caliper Rebuild

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
speedfreak87
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: NC24 Front Brake Caliper Rebuild

Post by speedfreak87 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:07 am

Thanks for your advice guys, next weekend I will give it another try and hopefully bleed completely it than........

speedfreak87
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by speedfreak87 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:42 am

So I think I am done with the rebuild now......

After putting the front brake master cylinder apart and stuffing new sealings in it, it gets better.
And yes it was a PIA to get the trapped air out of the new pump ^^ :-) Thanks for your hints!
I had to tilt the nc24 from left to right and / or slightly knock onto the master cylinder to get the trapped air out.

But finally I am satisfied with the braking pressure now.

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954

Post by Neosophist » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:13 pm

speedfreak87 wrote:So I think I am done with the rebuild now......

After putting the front brake master cylinder apart and stuffing new sealings in it, it gets better.
And yes it was a PIA to get the trapped air out of the new pump ^^ :-) Thanks for your hints!
I had to tilt the nc24 from left to right and / or slightly knock onto the master cylinder to get the trapped air out.

But finally I am satisfied with the braking pressure now.
oh good!

yes I had trouble before with trapped air.. i found removing the master cylinder from bars and tilt carefully up do the brake lever / plunger is the high point can help too.
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...