Power loss?

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Dynamohum
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Power loss?

Post by Dynamohum » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:30 am

The thinner pipe you describe is the vacuum pipe that runs from the tap to the right rear inlet stub a straight forward pipe don't understand t piece fitted unless for a previously fitted chain oiler Now removed .a nails :o not going to be airtight change the pipe first if its drawing air then tap won't function properly affecting fuel flow giving running power loss issues.
Last edited by Dynamohum on Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joelaman
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR 400 NC30(current)

Post by Joelaman » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:50 am

Honestly I have no idea but i forgot to mention the screw on cap on top of the tank that has a pipe running down and hanging in the engine, presumably the breather?

Dynamohum
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Dynamohum » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:57 am

Yes that's the breather pipe it runs to a t piece with two other pipes hanging down nothing to do with tap

Joelaman
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Joelaman » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:38 am

ill post a few photos when i get to the bike, im at work at the moment

Joelaman
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Joelaman » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:31 pm

So, i know its a year later and this thread is dead, but i just wanted to update that i did find the solution, opened the carbs and found one of the jets missing entirely, replaced it and hey presto. bike runs like a dream.

Suzuki416
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 3 x NC35, 3x NC24, NC29, RC46

Post by Suzuki416 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:52 pm

now thats a win in anyones book - as said much earlier - assume nothing & check everything - sounds like sadly previous owener was a complete muppet - lol

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954

Post by Neosophist » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:19 pm

Joelaman wrote:So, i know its a year later and this thread is dead, but i just wanted to update that i did find the solution, opened the carbs and found one of the jets missing entirely, replaced it and hey presto. bike runs like a dream.
aha.. South African bikes always like that... well judging by every SA user thats ever posted on here.

glad you got it somewhat sorted..

As for your old post... the bike really does run best in stock trim with the stock airbox and filter etc.. well worth investing in if you dont have as there are countless guides in the carb section on how to get the bike running sweet

with modded filters / airboxes etc tuning them to be usable acrss the rev range gets difficult
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...