NC21 Dumping Coolant to Expansion Tank

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954
Re: NC21 Dumping Coolant to Expansion Tank

Post by Neosophist » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:29 pm

Vfr400KM wrote:thankyou, i think the rad cap has fixed the issue. I am however worried i may just be hiding the issue or would boiling/otherwise bubbling coolant still push past the new cap?
If you have a blown head-gasket / failed waterpump a new rad-cap will not fix the issue. it will still build up enough pressure to blow the cap eventually and dump coolant to the expansion tank.

you may notice the bike running very much towards the hot if this is case... nc21/24 usually run very much towards the cold side.

the bike will bubble when hot without the rad cap on anyway as the coolant needs to be under pressure to raise the boiling point.

if its constantly bubbling from the get-go on a cold engine its probably head-gasket - waterpump issues or even a crazy amount of air in it.
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...