A favor to Ask. (reg rec related)

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
ChowderV4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 94 Fzr 400 3TJ ZXR400 Racer
A favor to Ask. (reg rec related)

Post by ChowderV4 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:23 pm

could anyone put a picture up of an r6 reg rec soldered on, i just want to see how to go about it.

or does anyone have the original honda reg rec connector lead/plug for sale. the reason being is that its not my reg rec gone its the connecter, 2 of the contacts are fried and have melted the plastic plug.

cheers.

mattjc
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: A favor to Ask. (reg rec related)

Post by mattjc » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:07 am

Here's the thread (with pictures) that I used when I did mine.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9291&p=64320&hilit ... tor#p64320" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope this helps, I had to remove one of the studs that the original reg/rec used with a hack saw though a dremil wouldv'e been nice (not sure which one now, i'll have a look tomorrow and post a picture if you need any further help - just let me know) and used the remaining one to fit the R6 reg/rec at an angle with the connectors pointing down and towards the back of the bike. Also I used insulated blade connectors from Maplin (blue ones) they fit perfectly.

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954
Re: A favor to Ask. (reg rec related)

Post by Neosophist » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:31 pm

ChowderV4 wrote:could anyone put a picture up of an r6 reg rec soldered on, i just want to see how to go about it.

or does anyone have the original honda reg rec connector lead/plug for sale. the reason being is that its not my reg rec gone its the connecter, 2 of the contacts are fried and have melted the plastic plug.

cheers.
If your contacts have burnerd it's a sign somethings up...or potentially up soon... The yellow wires melt the plug off.

This might have been due to water / dirt ingress causing a bad connection. Best to fit new spades and test / keep an eye on it.
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...