Nc23 progress report...

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
sh4d0w0lf
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400R NC24, GPZ600R
Re: Nc23 progress report...

Post by sh4d0w0lf » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:09 am

Thanks Graeme, I will be hunting through my box of spare engine bits for a replacement... i haven't been to look at the bike yet but checking for that will be the first thing i do :grin:

First of all though time for some breakie and then off to my gramps to give him a hand fitting a pannel of some sort.

Once again thanks,
Adam.

sh4d0w0lf
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by sh4d0w0lf » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:16 pm

Right i've been messing around with the nc23 and had mixed results...

Firstly i checked to see if the problem with changing gears was related to the collar that graeme mentioned - Its there...

So i adjusted the clutch a fair bit and i now have gears... However it would seem that it likes crunching into First and sometimes Second and it makes a hell of a racket in neutral... theres also the rattling noise the engine is making that is causing me some concern, the father in law thinks its top end but i have a feeling that it is something to do with the crank :(

I've ran the bike under its own power for the first time today so thats a bonus if anything..

I would just bung a new engine in and strip mine for parts if i had the coinage...

sh4d0w0lf
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by sh4d0w0lf » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:17 pm

My week off is now up.. some progress has been made however i think i may as well give up on the damn thing... unless someone has got a decent bottom end without clutch, casings and stater ect going cheap that is... *Graeme?* :whistle: