Problem - can anyone help diagnose this please?

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Minimoto
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: Problem - can anyone help diagnose this please?

Post by Minimoto » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:24 pm

Cheers. Is that just one shim under the needle or one additional shim ie 2 in total?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

richyrd5
Reactions:

Post by richyrd5 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:09 pm

I'd go for just one in total,if its a bit fluffy still in the midrange you could put another in but not many use 2(unless its open airbox/fuel pump etc)it's a bitvtrial and error,but u may be close with that..try it,make sure rubbers are in good condition as they're hard to get carbs on/off and can split/distort..hth.

Minimoto
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Minimoto » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:26 pm

Cheers, will give it a go. I was struggling to even keep the engine running the other night so will check for air leaks as well. The airbox and filter are all standard btw.

TURK122
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by TURK122 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:39 pm

How did you get on? Is the issue resolved?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Minimoto
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Minimoto » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:56 am

Hi Turk, just finished playing with it again and the bikes now purring :-)

I ended up going right through the whole lot again checking diaphragms, needle seating, removed the additional washers, have 112s fitted all round, checked and set the float heights to 12.5mm, serviced the choke assembly and plungers, took the mounting rubbers off and cleaned them, new vacuum hose and then ended up swapping to er9h for an old set of IY27's with gaps set to 0.6mm. I've also put in a new old air filter, done an oil change to LiquiMoly and flushed and changed to coolant!!

With the carbs I tried as best I could to balance them by eye and with some feeler guages.

With the whole lot back together I hit the start button and it fired up straight away and sounded great. Nice and responsive to a few very small and short blips on the throttle (it was 1230am!!).

I could finally be getting somewhere now in resurecting the bike. I'll still look to get a proper carb balance and dyno/jetting done once I can ride it somewhere.

I feel an MOT comming on soon!

TURK122
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by TURK122 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:41 am

Great news pal. I'm still plodding away at mine. A silly mistake (trapped tank breather pip) was my last issue.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

richyrd5
Reactions:

Post by richyrd5 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:12 am

[quote="Minimoto"]Hi Turk, just finished playing with it again and the bikes now purring :-)

I ended up going right through the whole lot again checking diaphragms, needle seating, removed the additional washers, have 112s fitted all round, checked and set the float heights to 12.5mm, serviced the choke assembly and plungers, took the mounting rubbers off and cleaned them, new vacuum hose and then ended up swapping to er9h for an old set of IY27's with gaps set to 0.6mm. I've also put in a new old air filter, done an oil change to LiquiMoly and flushed and changed to coolant!!

With the carbs I tried as best I could to balance them by eye and with some feeler guages.

With the whole lot back together I hit the start button and it fired up straight away and sounded great. Nice and responsive to a few very small and short blips on the throttle (it was 1230am!!).

I could finally be getting somewhere now in resurecting the bike. I'll still look to get a proper carb balance and dyno/jetting done once I can ride it somewhere.

I feel an MOT comming on soon!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk[/quote

Well done..perseverance pays off :peace: ]