Paint idea for my NC30 track bike

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
BaldricksTurnip
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 1991 VFR400R NC30 (track)
Paint idea for my NC30 track bike

Post by BaldricksTurnip » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:47 pm

Thinking I might do this on my track NC30. Big Fred Merkel fan (first saw him race on the 750 Interceptor in 1984 at Willow Springs, where he beat Wes Cooley by the diameter of his front wheel)

Thoughts?

Yakama
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC23s, 29, 30s, MC16
Re: Paint idea for my NC30 track bike

Post by Yakama » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:22 pm

That would look cool go for it

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400R-L NC30 CBR400RR-R NC29

Post by royster81 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:32 am

Agreed, I haven't seen one painted like that in a long time.
It's not having what you want but wanting what you've got....Loud ,Proud and Modified ....

BaldricksTurnip
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by BaldricksTurnip » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:05 pm

Thanks, gents! Finally got it back from the shop (I definitely should NOT be allowed to dig into carbs and engines, after all), and will be taking her out on track tomorrow and Saturday. The race bodywork will go on this winter. Still dithering about which way to go on the paint, though... :? :grin:

NGneer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: x3 NC30,Matchless G80s AJS16ms

Post by NGneer » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:43 am

If it is really just going to be a "Track Toy", or at least a set of bodywork for the track, my recommendation would be NOT to put too much time, effort or money into it. If you do you will end up with something you will end up holding back on when on the track as you will be too woried about damaging because it cost...... too much Money, time or effort. This is how I ended up with my second bike - which was also supposed to be a track toy project :whistle: .

My third one I have managed (more or less) to stick to that principle and keep it as a track toy and without 'too much' over Investment, thus I am happier to push it and enjoy the track time more. You can get a decent (enough) finish with a few rattle cans and a few Stickers if you want it to look a bit "Bling" 8-) This is mine which Looks pretty good from a few feet away, but close inspection will show the flaws. However, all the paint and Stickers etc probobly cost me a couple of days in the garden spraying and less than 50 quid

Image Image Image Image

BaldricksTurnip
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by BaldricksTurnip » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:38 pm

Looks great! For now, I'm going to run it in the primer, or just go with solid white ("Ghost" RC30 replica, right? ;) ). As you say, keep it cheap and simple.