Template request for Seed cowl decal

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
mwarriner
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Template request for Seed cowl decal

Post by mwarriner » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:49 am

Hi there,

I am currently restoring an NC30 and am attempting to get a "close as possible to factory" finish. The colour scheme I have chosen is the Seed scheme (I used to own one in the late 90's) and I have all the fairings I need aside from a front cowl in the Seed scheme. I do have 3x front cowls, so I will convert one of these to the Seed scheme. However, to do this I will need to make up the black and red decal that is on the front cowl.

Does anyone have a template for the black and red triangular decal on the cowl for a Seed colour scheme?

If not, would someone with an original Seed fairing be willing to trace one out for me? Pretty please with lots of sugar on top!

Best,

Mike.

mwarriner
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Template request for Seed cowl decal

Post by mwarriner » Tue May 09, 2017 10:28 am

Hi,

I hope it is OK to reply to your own post! I needed to get on and order the decals so I decided to try and make my own from scratch. I used a whole load of online images of Seed cowls and then masked up my own cowl and made the best template I could.

I have tried to replicate the exact decal including the part of the decal that goes into the headlight recess.

Graham from The Image Works said that the template (attached) was fine for him to work from (template for NS - simply reverse for OS).

Feel free to use the attached template if that is helpful.

Best,

Mike.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Causon67
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30

Post by Causon67 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:11 pm

The only decal is the triangle on the mid panels, the paint codes are
Red-R134A
Black-PB184M (does have a slight blue shade)
Grey-nh259M
I am doing the same with my bike going back to its original seed scheme, I have painted the fairing all from pictures. And seen one at a local meet, and did a few measurements.

mwarriner
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by mwarriner » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:38 pm

Hi there,

Are you sure about the only decal being the mid panel? I have some original seat fairings I am pretty sure the sliver part at the bottom is a decal (peeled part of it off). When I used to have a SEED NC30 I was fairly sure that the red and black on the front cowl was a single piece decal. Obviously all the lettering are decals as well ;). I don't have a front cowl to check, so I could be wrong here.

Thanks for the codes - I had these before but always reassuring to see that they match up with what other people have!

Best,

Mike.

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 MC21 TZR FZR GSXR RG MITO

Post by Drunkn Munky » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:48 am

Classic motorcycle decals do a seed kit im sure, good quality kits too