Silhouette endurance nose cone fitment. Pics added

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 MC21 TZR FZR GSXR RG MITO
Silhouette endurance nose cone fitment. Pics added

Post by Drunkn Munky » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:04 am

Ive managed to pick up a silhouette endurance nosecone, just the nose with out the lowers as shown in this pic http://www.jap4performance.com/images/2 ... oneSil.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone know if this will fit the standard 2 piece lowers? It looks the same as the standard nose cone fitment wise but wanna be sure before i start looking for lowers.
Last edited by Drunkn Munky on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

viper_biker
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400RR, CBR1000RR6
Re: Silhouette endurance nose cone fitment

Post by viper_biker » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

It should fit OK, but you may need a spacer to go between the metre-stay and nose, where the bolt goes in.
Ducati 916, not worth a carrott

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Drunkn Munky » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:27 am

Thats good news. A spacer wont be a problem to sort. So the endurance cone sits further forward than the standard upper then? hence the need for the spacer.

viper_biker
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:

Post by viper_biker » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:25 am

Pretty much, yeah. I use a rearset spacer on mine. Was the only thing I had lying about and I've used it now for years.

On a side not, how nice is the weave of their stuff, best f/g I've ever seen :up:

micpec
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35’s, NC30 sold, MC34 many

Post by micpec » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:31 pm

Tony, can you check what sort of fitting is needed on the sides, to fit the top panel to the midpanels? I have seen them both with some Silhouette fitting kit required but also with fitting as per standard genuine Honda panel.

PS: you've got mail 2 ;)
"Action without Philosophy is a lethal weapon; Philosophy without action is worthless"

Spike16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 Road, SV650 Race

Post by Spike16 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:12 pm

I take it was the black one off ebay you got? I saw it and somehow knew you'd get it

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Drunkn Munky » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:18 pm

Spike16 wrote:I take it was the black one off ebay you got? I saw it and somehow knew you'd get it
Yep guilty as charged, im not a big fan of asking people to end auctions early but you know how it is when you really want something. To be fair the guy did say if it wasnt for the fact that i was the only one that had placed a bid out of all the watchers then he would have let the auction run.

Jason, as for fitting to the mid panels i cant be sure yet as the nose cone is currently with parcel force on the way to me, im hoping its going to butt up to the original 2 piece lowers so fingers crossed :pray: . Trouble is i dont have any lowers to try it with so working it out could be a problem.
I'll work something out with it one way or another even if it means getting handy with some fiberglass, im not in a rush to do it as the bike its intended for is a long way off being built.

BOSOZOKU
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by BOSOZOKU » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:55 am

Mine had some 'L' shaped brackets which actually 'Pull' the mids upto the upper cowl as there are no 'Tabs' on the upper cowl like the O.E item.

Sorry but I dont have any pics of the brackets, I made mine out of 'Vauxhall Vectra' mudflap mounting brackets :o

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Drunkn Munky » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:41 am

Looks great on the R/W/B NC30, Thanks for the tip on the brackets :up:

viper_biker
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:

Post by viper_biker » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:38 am

BOSOZOKU, your's is like mine and just a nose cone only (mine's a different shape though) I had some of those 'L' brackets made up, but will be useless to D-M as his nose also incorporates the middle panels. I really can't see there beeing a compatibility issue with standard or aftermarket lowers.