first bike nc23 - help

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
rawnoob
Settled in member
Reactions:
first bike nc23 - help

Post by rawnoob » Fri May 23, 2008 10:11 am

anyone had one of these?

1988, so 20 years old!

worth a loook? asking price is £700. going to see it tonite and long drive from Brum, worth it?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... TQ:GB:1123

can sum one tell me what too look for apart from the usual stuff?

Waza4
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: first bike nc23 - help

Post by Waza4 » Fri May 23, 2008 3:02 pm

Hi Rawnoob I'd Stay away from ladies with nylon pants.

rawnoob
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by rawnoob » Fri May 23, 2008 4:39 pm

Waza4 wrote:Hi Rawnoob I'd Stay away from ladies with nylon pants.
:o

thats wrong that is

cbr_400
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by cbr_400 » Sat May 24, 2008 4:49 pm

alright i did same m8 i bought one of these as just past test recently and didn't want to kill myself too fast lol

i bought a non runner to do up and it in the garage the now going through mot.

if u go to buy it honestly check for any crash damage wheel alingment etc also make sure brakes dont bild at callipers it a pricy job if seals need replaciong if u aint handy with a spanner as garage hr rates 30 to 50 quid an hour.
other prices chain 90 ish
filter oil filter fiver
air filter 25
check electrics as rear break light can come off prety easily under kill switch as found out 5 mins from mot
chech for keys ire rear seat lackkey i forgot that one and now on hunt for replacement lock and key.

tyres around 90 to 100 quid for back one depending if it same as mine 150 by 60 by 18 if i remember rightly front think it 70 to 80ish u sprob shop about and get better prices than i hav stated oh and there loads of second hand parts avail

nothing much happens untill above 7000 rpm so it not crazy power straight off

but they suppose to be fun bikes to ride so called screamers lol might be because u hav to nail them to get going

pending on ur height and weight and wot u using it for rear suspension is a bit soft i 6 foot and 15 st (not fat lol) and it bottoms out a bit but u can chage it for a 600 suspension i been told pretty easily

any more q's just pm me as i going through it all the now and if it just to get started pay no attention to people taking the p*ss they seet looking bikes i fixed, filled, reprayed mine gloss black and once on road will post pics of work.

hope this helps