what would it be worth.

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
wullvfr
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: zx9r c1
what would it be worth.

Post by wullvfr » Fri May 23, 2008 8:09 am

ive lately tried selling my nc30 on ebay which in the end...didnt sell,the bidding got to £701 which i was no way letting her go for that.ive spent in the 8mnths ive had the bike just under 2 grand and the latest thing being a rick oliver radiator 2 weeks before the auction.
the bike in question is a 1994 vfr400 nc30 with 25,000 miles 6 owners(i think) in rvf colours.now it has slight damage at the mo from a slow speed crash.but what im actually wondering is when i do her back up to her former glory as in when i got her.....what will she be worth?

it will involve everything from new fork tubes,rearsets,exhaust,bits here bits there and the most expensive being the fairings being repaired and resprayed......

im think that when ive done all this it probably wouldnt increase the price that much,especially compared to what i will have spent......i will probably keep her when im done anyway but was just wondering what the bike would be worth.
ImageImage
this is what the bike was like when i got it 8mnths ago,my plan is to get her back to or better than this.the bike was standard when i got it except for a full aftermarket exhaust system...but all else was standard.
please,god,....give me the chance to prove that winning the lottery won't spoil me!!!

monkeywithaplan
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 and NC30
Re: what would it be worth.

Post by monkeywithaplan » Fri May 23, 2008 10:17 am

i think to get the max amount you can for it, post it up on auto trader or MCN. spend money to make money as the old saying goes.

might get near what you want on here. wouldnt know what to quote for it though.

though i would sell those rick oliver rads to me for £50 and stick on standards ;)
Insisting on perfect safety is for people who don't have the balls to live in the real world. Mary Shafer, NASA Ames Dryden

Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

viper_biker
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400RR, CBR1000RR6
Re: what would it be worth.

Post by viper_biker » Fri May 23, 2008 10:23 am

I think anything from £700-1000 in standard trim is about right. The panels that are re-sprayed aren't too bad a job, but you can tell it's not Honda. Take off the Rick O rads, the seat hump and the Ethos 1/2 system (you'll get good money for those) and sell as a standard bike. I too would be interested in Ricks rads if you were thinking of selling seperately in a 1 for 1 offer with cash your way.
Ducati 916, not worth a carrott