The shorties are in

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
viper_biker
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400RR, CBR1000RR6
The shorties are in

Post by viper_biker » Tue May 20, 2008 6:16 pm

After another round of a fuel filled floor in the garage last night, I discovered that the fuel tap on the bike was busted, so, while I had the tank off, I decided to fit the short velocity stacks I've had for a while and here's the results,

Ducati 916, not worth a carrott

lee_
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: The shorties are in

Post by lee_ » Tue May 20, 2008 7:52 pm

Nice setup, I guess you haven't ridden it yet then, when you do let us know how it runs. :P

viper_biker
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400RR, CBR1000RR6

Post by viper_biker » Tue May 20, 2008 7:53 pm

Took the bike to work today but if I'm honest, I didn't feel any difference. I'm going for a wee run tonight so I'll see how it goes.
Ducati 916, not worth a carrott

simmo
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: nc30 road & zxr400 race

Post by simmo » Tue May 20, 2008 8:34 pm

you make me sooooo jelous :cry:

they look ace, and all the carbon and the cleanliness :evil: grrrrrrrrr.

lol

just out of interest, whats the big shiney silver thing in the bottom of the second pic??

castrol101
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by castrol101 » Tue May 20, 2008 8:48 pm

For someone who hasnt got clue could someone explain Whats the theory behind velocity stacks?? What are they for, and why try shorter oness??

jo
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30

Post by jo » Tue May 20, 2008 8:49 pm

lol @ simmo. Wish my bike looked like that on the inside.

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9

Post by CMSMJ1 » Tue May 20, 2008 10:22 pm

Looking good mate. I do not remember noticing too much when I fitted my short stacks several months ago. It sounds noiser from the intake without the lid anyways. ;)

RVF carbs do work though as I am sure you know..but saying that, part of me wants to get brutal with the dremel and make some HRC copy NC30 carbs...Rhory and Cam are making me so jealous :mrgreen:

seeing as I have 3 or 4 sets of carbs spare...I might get lairy on them soon and try them back to back. :?:
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400R-L NC30 CBR400RR-R NC29

Post by royster81 » Wed May 21, 2008 12:09 am

CMSMJ1 wrote:part of me wants to get brutal with the dremel and make some HRC copy NC30 carbs...Rhory and Cam are making me so jealous :mrgreen:

seeing as I have 3 or 4 sets of carbs spare...I might get lairy on them soon and try them back to back. :?:
friggin right you should be jealous ,go get it sorted man you should have your bike going before mine (everyones bike will be going before mine ffs) so you can tell me how bloody good it rides ....
It's not having what you want but wanting what you've got....Loud ,Proud and Modified ....

Psychosomatic88
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Psychosomatic88 » Wed May 21, 2008 6:27 pm

royster81 wrote:
CMSMJ1 wrote:part of me wants to get brutal with the dremel and make some HRC copy NC30 carbs...Rhory and Cam are making me so jealous :mrgreen:

friggin right you should be jealous ,go get it sorted man you should have your bike going before mine (everyones bike will be going before mine ffs) so you can tell me how bloody good it rides ....
...and most importantly how the rest of us dremel away our slides to suit nc35's!
Going on the internet is like owning a gun... Just point, click, then shit your pants waiting for the Police to turn up.

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400R-L NC30 CBR400RR-R NC29

Post by royster81 » Sat May 24, 2008 9:45 am

monkeywithaplan called up the other day,he said he would post on here what he thought of the "HRC" carbs but i haven't found anything

come on dave be honest !!! :D
It's not having what you want but wanting what you've got....Loud ,Proud and Modified ....