Honda NC24 rear paddock stand pin size - a final answer?

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
crankygit
Settled in member
Reactions:
Honda NC24 rear paddock stand pin size - a final answer?

Post by crankygit » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:01 am

As stated in title - does ANYONE had the actual size of pin required for the NC24 rear single sided paddock stand??? Umpteen posts on here and not a answer....Not even from R&G stands - they say 31.0mm!
it's defo not a 28mm! and apparantly not the same as NC30's either - after nearly 40 years of imports someone must know?

crankygit
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: Honda NC24 rear paddock stand pin size - a final answer?

Post by crankygit » Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:44 am

WOW! The deafening and dissapointing sound of...silence! So much for help from enthusiasts n "experts".
Well make this one a STICKY! This is the answer.
It is an 18mm single sided paddock stand pin (19.5mm hole on hub) for NC24 models! Not a straight pin - it also has a centering bush on the exhaust side you put on once inserted from left. R&G make it - but you have to email the buggers - and waaaait - as they show the wrong one on their site.

Swingarm
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: AR 125, NC30

Post by Swingarm » Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:42 pm

Why don't you measure it with calipers?

https://www.ebay.nl/itm/144987093677

MadMotoUK
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: FZR400,600, CBR893

Post by MadMotoUK » Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:27 pm

I had to make one for my race bike because ABBA didn't have one suitable at the time. As far as I can remember it was about 30mm but stepped down to around 16mm. My memory isn't what it was though and it's over 15 years ago, it may have been for another single swinger I had.

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9

Post by CMSMJ1 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:16 pm

crankygit wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:44 am
WOW! The deafening and dissapointing sound of...silence! So much for help from enthusiasts n "experts".
Well make this one a STICKY! This is the answer.
It is an 18mm single sided paddock stand pin (19.5mm hole on hub) for NC24 models! Not a straight pin - it also has a centering bush on the exhaust side you put on once inserted from left. R&G make it - but you have to email the buggers - and waaaait - as they show the wrong one on their site.
Don't be a pillock. :o

The forum is a huge resource - and mayhap there are fewer people using it these days in the worlds of Facebook and all that crap.

No need for you to be petulant.

However - sharing, in a new post, the sizes - that's really useful.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

cbr400rrn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 CBR600F

Post by cbr400rrn » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:09 pm

Unfortunately i don’t have an nc24 nor any v four so couldn’t comment but thanks for posting up your findings and an answer to your problem. I’m sure this will help others in the future.
I am an enthusiast but not an expert. Please remember this in your next post in the Honda general section that we aren’t all experts on your bike