NC24 Rothmans renovated

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
radarro
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC24 Rothmans
NC24 Rothmans renovated

Post by radarro » Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:51 pm

Hi there,
It took me some time but finally made it to post message.
Starting in 2019 I've started renovation work on my '88 Rothmans VFR.

Here's an outcome split into 2 movies: before and after.
First one is walk around earlier this year when i was looking for a painter
Second one is after spray works this summer plus some fork replacement details.
Enjoy.

There are few useful links under second movie where fork bits were available plus painter details.
Anyway, feel free to comment

Fist one BEFORE: in polish language, no subtitles :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmqxvdsFGMY

Second one: AFTER: in english with details on forks rebuild.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKCBM5IZrII

Cheers from frozen East.

Foxy400
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 Bonneville CBR600F4i
Re: NC24 Rothmans renovated

Post by Foxy400 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:30 am

Hello there radarro. That is one hell of a renovation! When I watched the 'before' vid, and saw what a mess the fairing panels were in, I thought that saving them was a pretty impossible task. But whoever did the resurrection has done an amazing job. You are obviously extremely happy with the result..who wouldn't be? And thanks for posting the youtube links. It's always interesting to see rebuilds like this, especially as nowadays on this forum they are few and far between.
As you know the rectifier issue is common. Mine blew on the NC35 and has now been upgraded. Unfortunately it took the battery with it and burned out some of the wiring, which was annoying.
I wonder if you've checked ebay.uk for rear (pillion) footpegs? I expect you have but I'll take a look anyway. I'll also check a few other 'used parts' dealers that I keep in contact with..if I find any I'll let you know.
Anyway, thanks again for sharing your adventure. Stick around on this forum and keep us updated.

Foxy400
Reactions:

Post by Foxy400 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:50 am

Ok, had a quick look. First of all I'm useless at posting links, so you are going to have to google this. Moto Grotto in the UK don't have the pillion footrests but they do have a pile of NC24 parts, some of which may be useful to you. They're one of my favourite used-parts dealers because all parts I've had from them are in excellent nick and clean. Look at twowheelspares (also know as DKMotorcycles). They have a 'Left Side Rear Pillion Footpeg Hanger Bracket' for the NC24. Unfortunately it's been painted a mucky yellow colour, but see what you think.
Good luck.

theottergod
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC24, RC46, RC51

Post by theottergod » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:19 pm

CMSNL has the left side pillion bracket for a pretty penny: https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-vfr400rii-n ... 712ml0730/

radarro
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC24 Rothmans

Post by radarro » Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:18 am

Thanks for input.
Just after I've posted, found out on YT recent NC24 review from UK's "Morotcycle Reviews" and found out that there's other piece i'm missing in my bike - a plastic tunnel / air flow guide from side fairing towards engine on both sides.
I'll give a check for that at Moto Grotto. And yellow peg from 2wheel spares will make step forward.
Big THANKS!

Foxy400
Reactions:

Post by Foxy400 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:16 am

radarro wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:18 am
Thanks for input.
Just after I've posted, found out on YT recent NC24 review from UK's "Morotcycle Reviews" and found out that there's other piece i'm missing in my bike - a plastic tunnel / air flow guide from side fairing towards engine on both sides.
I'll give a check for that at Moto Grotto. And yellow peg from 2wheel spares will make step forward.
Big THANKS!
You're welcome. I hope you get the parts.