Suipporting the front of an NC35

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Foxy400
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 Bonneville CBR600F4i
Re: Suipporting the front of an NC35

Post by Foxy400 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:02 pm

MadMotoUK wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:06 pm
Good shout. I never even thought about an ABBA stand.
Neither did I and I even own one! Including the front bit :stupid: .Only used it once, which may explain why it slipped my mind :roll:

cbr400rrn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 CBR600F

Post by cbr400rrn » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:30 pm

Only once :o God ive got two and they are always in use, from general maintenance to bigger jobs and are in permanent use overwintering the bikes taking the weight off the suspension and tyres (not all of them have centrestands.)

MadMotoUK
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: FZR400,600, CBR893

Post by MadMotoUK » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:43 am

Having bikes with centrestands is one step away from pipe and slippers birthday presents 😂

Foxy400
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 Bonneville CBR600F4i

Post by Foxy400 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:05 pm

I've used the Abba stand on numerous occasions, it's the add-on bit that lifts the front that I've only used once. That was to get the front wheel and forks off to have the forks refurbed. Took them to a place in Warrington. When Graeme France checked them over a couple of years later he told me they had been done wrong. This was the same place that fitted a new chain and sprocket set but forgot to fit the clip that holds the split link together. For some reason I got down and looked under the bike from the right hand side and saw it wasn't there. They were mightily embarrassed. If I'd not spotted it I would have headed home on the M56. At some point the chain would almost certainly have come apart. Very scary. Won't be going there again.
I tend to use a paddock stand on the NC29, it's just much quicker. I occasionally scan eBay for a quality single-sided paddock stand for the NC35 but so far no luck.
My Bonneville has no centrestand as standard but comes with the lugs&whatnots to fit one. That's an extra in the Triumph accessory range of course. As the Bonnie is a pipe and slippers bike it should have come with one.