Running issues

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
cvondetten
Settled in member
Reactions:
Running issues

Post by cvondetten » Mon May 21, 2018 6:46 am

Not sure if this is normal or not though I've been assured it is by other riders here.
When running my NC30 though the city and in very hot weather the idle will drop to about 1k rpm if not maybe a little lower.

It's start a little above say about 1200 1300 rpm and when warm drops. It's when I pull up to the lights or the a U turn that the idle will drop and then engine will stall. Mind this is during very hot weather and the temp gauge reading up past 90 degrees.

I'd this a normal thing. I've been told to blip the throttle at the lights or at any stand still really to keep it from doing this.

Thoughts?

Sent from my CPH1723 using Tapatalk

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954
Re: Running issues

Post by Neosophist » Mon May 21, 2018 9:27 am

Its running rich at idle.
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...

cvondetten
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by cvondetten » Mon May 21, 2018 2:47 pm

Neosophist wrote:Its running rich at idle.
OK Im gonna sound like a Muppet but till my copy of Haynes gets here I need some advice, so how do I adjust the ratio so it's not too rich?

magg
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400

Post by magg » Sun May 27, 2018 8:17 am

Home page has document library that has copy of Honda service manual. The manual identifies the pilot screws and the standard setting. If the standard settings of two turns out does not fix the problem, then less turns is leaner.

Ozzibiker
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: VTR250 / VFR400

Post by Ozzibiker » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:53 am

cvondetten wrote:
Neosophist wrote:Its running rich at idle.
OK Im gonna sound like a Muppet but till my copy of Haynes gets here I need some advice, so how do I adjust the ratio so it's not too rich?

Did you fix the problem? This is just the same problem I had recently.

You can adjust the mixture screws with a long (30cm) flat bladed screwdriver. Take off the upper side panels only and with a torch between the cylinder heads, you can see the screws. Not super easy to turn, but doable.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDA using Tapatalk