EBay radiator

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
cvondetten
Settled in member
Reactions:
EBay radiator

Post by cvondetten » Mon May 21, 2018 6:36 am

What are your thoughts on those EBay radiators from Chinese you can buy as a set of top and bottom with silicone tubes?
My little VFR heats up badly in the heat here so though this would help.
It needs new coolant as it were anyway so I'm gonna try that first and see.

Also when changing the oil (I've never done this with a VFR) but besides the obvious fairing removal, is there anything else that has to come off? The filter isn't in the most accessible place I've seen.

Anyway thanks.

Sent from my CPH1723 using Tapatalk

pptom
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Nc23 x 2 and an nc30
Re: EBay radiator

Post by pptom » Mon May 21, 2018 10:03 am

I've had two sets. First was rubbish and didn't fit without making brackets etc, second set was through Scott Jellyman on Facebook, he's worked with a Chinese manufacturer and they're spot on. Think he might be on here too.
Can do the oil and filter by just removing the lower rad bottom fixing point and pivoting the rad forwards for a bit more space / visibility. Exhaust can stay on, but it will get oil dribbled over it.

Suzuki416
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 3 x NC35, 3x NC24, NC29, RC46

Post by Suzuki416 » Mon May 21, 2018 2:05 pm

pptom wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 10:03 am
Can do the oil and filter by just removing the lower rad bottom fixing point and pivoting the rad forwards for a bit more space / visibility. Exhaust can stay on, but it will get oil dribbled over it.
wrap the headers with tin foil - just dont let the missus spot you though...
This will avoid most of the cleanup.

cvondetten
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by cvondetten » Mon May 21, 2018 3:11 pm

Tried looking up Scott jellyman and I get lots of different results. Could someone point me in the right direction?
pptom wrote:I've had two sets. First was rubbish and didn't fit without making brackets etc, second set was through Scott Jellyman on Facebook, he's worked with a Chinese manufacturer and they're spot on. Think he might be on here too.
Sent from my CPH1723 using Tapatalk

Yakama
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC23s, 29, 30s, MC16

Post by Yakama » Mon May 21, 2018 3:22 pm

magpie114
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC24, RC36

Post by magpie114 » Tue May 22, 2018 5:09 pm

I got one of the Chinese radiators off eBay for my vfr750 and was surprised how good the quality was. However when I came to fit it I had to get creative and make some brackets - seems to be a common problem. If you can get some off Scott I’m sure you’ll save yourself from a lot of aggro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk