RVF400 rear stand spindle sizes

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Raygunnn
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: '96 RVF400, '03 VTR250
RVF400 rear stand spindle sizes

Post by Raygunnn » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:59 am

Hey guys,

Purchased a rear stand about two months back for my 96 RVF400 and the two spindles I've been sent from the manufacturer do not fit.

I say do not fit in the sense that the pins fit the hole in the rear wheel however there is way too much of the pin left poking out from the hole meaning when the bike is hoisted onto the stand it'll most likely toppled over to the right!

I've had a look inside where the pins for the stand go and it looks like the inside is tapered into a smaller hole hence not fitting flush with the stand.

Does anyone else have this problem or has someone done something to my motorcycle??

Cheers.

Foxy400
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 Bonneville CBR600F4i
Re: RVF400 rear stand spindle sizes

Post by Foxy400 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:43 pm

Are you talking about an Abba stand? I'm guessing that might be the case because you talk about 'two spindles' and 'the inside is tapered into a smaller hole' which sort of describes the Abba. On the other hand you say 'the pins fit the hole in the rear wheel'. The two 'spindles' used with an Abba fit into the swing arm pivot holes not the wheel, so maybe I'm wrong. It would be helpful if you said which stand you've got.

If you've mastered the photo-posting technique then a few pics are bound to help.

By the way, it's always a good idea to have someone else to help you the first time you use a new stand, just in case...

Cru Jones
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35
Re: RVF400 rear stand spindle sizes

Post by Cru Jones » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:46 pm

If your stand is like my Bike-Lift then the spindle is not tapered, so there is 1-2 inches of spindle sticking out of the hub. I've had my stand for over 7 years and never had a problem with it.
...2T bikes exist and are ready to meet your 4T challengers. - ToraTora