Warm weather bike cover question

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
redmazda
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: Honda NC30 vfr400 Yamaha FS1E
Warm weather bike cover question

Post by redmazda » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:34 pm

Hi all just after some advice as weather is very hot at moment I use my bike to go to work and it stays in the car park all day problem is there is no shade shelter area at all so it's in the sun all day does anybody know of a cover I can purchase to keep the sun off the bike or any tips as I'm worried about it standing in this heat all day thanks

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954
Re: Warm weather bike cover question

Post by Neosophist » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:39 pm

it wont hurt anything.. if your tank is super full the fuel may expand out the breatherhose a little... it gets hot for a long time in Japanese summers and the UV is high.

The downside to leaving a biek out in the sun is that the UV from the sun will degrade the plastic switchgears and fade the paint.

Any cheap motorcycle cover (ebay / amazon) will do id imagine as long as its not see through
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...

RichardJ
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 type1 MC18 red MC18 blue
Re: Warm weather bike cover question

Post by RichardJ » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:58 pm

Just watch that it doesn't melt onto a hot exhaust etc...