What to do with it?

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
TURK122
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: What to do with it?

Post by TURK122 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:58 pm

350 power valve maybe

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

TURK122
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by TURK122 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:59 pm

After doing some Google research it's apparent that
Vfr 750 motor is a pig to fit and wight distribution is a big issue as is the sv650 motor and the sv1000 motor as well. If found several projects that have been started and only one that got finished.

I've not as yet found a nc30 frame with a 350 power valve motor but some basic measurements taken and to motor is relatively light.
This is an option.

I did come across a couple of nc30's with ns400r motors fitted. Thus is also and option.

I'm going to start by completely stripping the bike, replacing all the bearings and servicing the suspension front and rear.

Some pics of a ns400r motor conversion

If anyone knows of a 350 power valve please post some links/pics.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Minimoto
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Minimoto » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:43 pm

Depending on your budget... how about fitting an NC35 engine with oversize pistons?? Would be interesting to see how one of those conversions goes!!!

Do you have a budget in mind for the engine/build or will you take it as it goes?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

TURK122
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by TURK122 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:52 pm

As for a budget I'd hope under £4k
But this is not available all at once. And I'll be taking it as it comes along.
But just waiting for the right engine to come up. I like the idea of a 2 stroke but both the ns400 and the rd350 engines are similar BHP to the nc30 and was really hoping for a 100BHP. Lots of thinking to do. But first is get the chassis in a good state.

Dynamohum
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Dynamohum » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:35 pm

Only ever seen one vfr750 rc36 engine in a nc30 frame that was on here some time back in nc35 fairings in castol colours i think from memory had a lot of frame mods to get it fitted and issues overcome with carbs homemade airbox exhaust rads and so on.
That was the only viable one ive seen in pics theres been many others who have started over the years and faded given up for whatever reason the rc36 engine will give you around that 100bhp figure you have in mind would be good to see another done .
I take it you have seen this bike it was in old post donkeys years back unsure if builder was a forum member or a friend of but if could be contacted might be worth a chat with regarding getting the motor fitted and other such things .

If you decide to start cutting frame and things dont work out i have a spare you can have for free or a site donation if you pay the carriage for it if need arises good luck.

TURK122
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by TURK122 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:35 pm

Yep iv read that thread
He got the bike with the motor already fitted.
And thanks for the frame off if this pipe dream ever gets started I'm pm you about the frame.

Dynamohum
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Dynamohum » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:42 pm

Just a thought as your thinking two stroke what about a yamaha banshee engine or the likes imagine there quite pokey and weigh a lot less than the vfr engine .

Or maybe not just had a look and they only put out around 34bhp stock only highly tuned examples around 70bhp didnt see cost involved getting that output but wouldnt be cheap and could grenade big style :shock:

TURK122
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by TURK122 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:01 pm

Good point

Morespeedvicar
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Fzr400, NC30, CB50J, SS50Z KLR

Post by Morespeedvicar » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:27 pm

Be carefull if you go with the banshee route, a friend had a rs250 (prilla) with one in tuned to about 110bhp, but it was totally unrideable , unreliable and too much for a road bike. He untuned to engine to about 80, and was better, but eventually got rid of it for it been what he wanted.

saltysealion
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by saltysealion » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:06 am

Morespeedvicar wrote:Be carefull if you go with the banshee route, a friend had a rs250 (prilla) with one in tuned to about 110bhp, but it was totally unrideable , unreliable and too much for a road bike. He untuned to engine to about 80, and was better, but eventually got rid of it for it been what he wanted.
That sounds like how a R1/CBR1000/GSXR1000 would ride haha. Lots of horses.

If I was to work on a v4 project, I would get a NC35 engine with a set of cosworth oversized pistons. As mentioned earlier, it may end up being more expensive than just buying a new one but you would know that the engine is fresh and with the cosworth pistons, it would be more exciting and special than your average clean RVF/VRF. Just looking at Mike's websites and his dyno results is drool worthy!