NC30 Brembo rear caliper conversion

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9
Re: NC30 Brembo rear caliper conversion

Post by CMSMJ1 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:47 pm

benny wrote:
CMSMJ1 wrote:can you confirm the standard rear M/C will work with the Brembo caliper? An integrated reservoir option as a full kit would pique my interest some more.

Saying that, I have not had a caliper fitted for the last 2 years and only want one to make my bike road legal again!
No rear brake on a track bike? Or just in your shed?
Rear brakes are pants mate :) I have a caliper somewhere, but my last MOT had me an advisory for a rusty rotor!

I do like this - No9 is getting some attention, as required, before the parts and bits all dry up! :rocks:
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

RickOliver
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by RickOliver » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:26 am

OK, people - sorry this has taken so long but the first batch of ten Brembo conversions is finished and ready to go.

The price will be as provisionally quoted earlier in this thread at £95.00 for the basic bracket or £205.00/£225.00 for a complete conversion depending on which caliper you want.

I have been running the prototype on my bike for a few weeks now so I can answer some queries which have been raised along the way.

1) Yes it does work with the RC30 torque linkage.

2) Using the smaller Brembo caliper the kit is compatible with the VFR750 wheel conversion but only if you add a 2.5mm spacer plate between the wheel and the drive flange. I have had a batch of those plates made and currently have one in use on my NC - the spacer adds £12.00 to the kit cost and the minimal rear wheel offset is somewhere on the undetectable side of unobtrusive...

3) Whatever my calculations indicated, in the real world the bigger bore master cylinder delivered a brake with no power and all the feel of kicking a plank so I went back to the stock unit - this gives a perfectly acceptable level of braking much like the stock setup if you stick with Brembo`s original organic pads but you also now have the option of giving it more bite with EBC HH pads which are available in both Brembo fitments.

All components of the conversion are clear anodised for corrosion protection - please email me directly with any queries or orders as I don`t get on here too often.

ricknc30@gmail.com

Rick

RickOliver
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by RickOliver » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:17 am

Here`s the final installation on my NC30, with RC30 brake linkage and spacer plate for VFR750 wheel -

- and a detail of the hose fitting for the small Brembo caliper which allows access to the pads.

Rick

richyrd5
Reactions:

Post by richyrd5 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:20 pm

ah ha..at last!!,,been waiting on one of these set ups since i got the bike!!!defo count me in for one rick...excellent work chap.!!!

fatpete
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 (RIP), CBR900RR, NC 30

Post by fatpete » Mon May 08, 2017 8:57 am

Ok so I have now done a few hundred miles since the conversion and and thought i should report in.

I am very happy with it, very easy to fit and the set up looks very smart. It works just as it should but doesn't start to seize if left for a week or two, power is similar to the well set up old brake, maybe a touch more but not a major change.

Overall a great new option for the rear break and I can thoroughly recommend it.

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:

Post by CMSMJ1 » Tue May 09, 2017 11:12 am

I need to get my hands on a new rear m/c too - any suggestions?
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

richyrd5
Reactions:

Post by richyrd5 » Thu May 11, 2017 1:01 am

fatpete wrote:Ok so I have now done a few hundred miles since the conversion and and thought i should report in.

I am very happy with it, very easy to fit and the set up looks very smart. It works just as it should but doesn't start to seize if left for a week or two, power is similar to the well set up old brake, maybe a touch more but not a major change.

Overall a great new option for the rear break and I can thoroughly recommend it.

Hi rick I will be having a bracket from you soon.glad to hear it all works /operates well...

jokerio
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by jokerio » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:33 pm

I just ordered one, I live in California and can't wait !

amorti
Reactions:
Bike owned: CB-1, MSX125

Post by amorti » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:23 am

CMSMJ1 wrote:I need to get my hands on a new rear m/c too - any suggestions?
For a little more power at the expense of slightly more pedal travel (which you might like as it will feel less on/off) you could look for a smaller half inch master.

First one comes to mind is a recent cbr125, looks same layout but it does have plain m6 instead of threaded holes. No issue if you have longer screws and a couple nuts handy.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222427205788

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:

Post by CMSMJ1 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:38 pm

Thanks mate - I don;t use my brake anyways! Just want one for the MOT :)
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate