Numb Hands

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Lean
Settled in member
Reactions:
Numb Hands

Post by Lean » Wed May 14, 2008 11:06 pm

Anyone get numb hands after 20 mins of riding or so?

Cant work out whether its due to vibes, riding pos and/or me being a bit lanky (6ft) for it. Got some bar ends fitted but I dont think they are standard.

spooky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: nc24
Re: Numb Hands

Post by spooky » Wed May 14, 2008 11:45 pm

I had the same feeling when I started riding a bike, try not to grip so tight. That seems to help. Use your legs to grip the bike
Above all, relax.
\That wee smilie can drink some Guinness. No wonder he's yellow.

zimm
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: some ZXR400's, ty175, mz ts125

Post by zimm » Thu May 15, 2008 12:51 am

i get numb hands when riding .. used to think it was the vibration from my TZR, but it still happens now, and i havent owned that bike in 4 years.

think its a circulation thing, although for me its definitely worse if ive been messing about in the garage getting oil/swarf on my hands.

amorti
Reactions:
Bike owned: CB-1, MSX125

Post by amorti » Sun May 18, 2008 4:55 pm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Stainless-Ste ... 18Q2el1247

Try them, I found the same problem when I used some aluminium bar ends for a while. People forget they are there to serve a job, and it's the same as saving weight by omitting wheel balancing weights!

Other thing that will aggrevate it is if maybe you have heat grip, as they're made of harder rubber.

Other than that, the CB is quite a vibey little machine, with vibes at high frequencies coming through the bar and causing this discomfort.