Nc30 fork upgrade with a difference

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954
Re: Nc30 fork upgrade with a difference

Post by Neosophist » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:42 am

viper_biker wrote:Speaking from experience, the cost does not warrant the upgrade. When I converted my 30 to 35 front it ended up costing the guts of about £500. For £500 I'd rather put newer stock forks in with uprated internals, better calipers with decent pads and master cylinder, a full service kit, new plugs and a proper dyno set-up. Each to their own I suppose.
I agree with this.

Unless your trying to shave time off your already good laps the stock forks when rebuilt and setup corrctly are still decent forks for most riding.

Last set of late forks I got cheap but spent the money rebuilding them with new Honda parts and replaced the seals in the calipers too.

Much less than 1/2 the price of swapping forks. Spent most of the money on the back, rides really well.

Later forks give much more feedback than the earier type
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...

Kiki1995
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: zzr600 vfr400 nc30 kmx125/200

Post by Kiki1995 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:53 am

Hi everyone my nc30 has been In a front ender so I'm not looking at the conversion just for the hell of it...it will cost me basically the same to buy the parts to build a new nc30 front end as it will to buy a ducati monster front end...Thats if I can even get an nc30 front end...I can get a whole monster front end for about £200 including the brakes but I'm not sure if it would fit?? Do any of you know? Or even know the measurements of the yolks and headstock/steering tube?? My granddad has a lathe and milling machine so it shouldn't be to much hassle to mill up a spacer or slightly mill out of the yolks to accommodate the nc30 headstock if it's slightly longer than the monster but obviously I don't want to be milling any real amount out of the yolks as it would weaken them..any info would be really appreciated....REALLY appreciated! I'm kind of hitting a dead end at the min as I don't wanna spend out the money and find out the ducati front end won't fit...or even if anybody has an nc30 front end or knows of anybody with one please let me know or even better post a link for me! You'll be doing me a HUGE favour! I picked the bike up and got so exited that I've actually got an nc30 but i really can't find the parts anywhere apart from bits and bobs hear and there!! PLEASE HELP
Thanks and thanks again to anybody who replies to this post! :grin:

Kieron

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 MC21 TZR FZR GSXR RG MITO

Post by Drunkn Munky » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:55 am

Dont think id bother with monster forks for a conversion there cheap for a reason, there is/was a ducati fitting kit floating about but these are to fit the forks and yokes from 748,996,749,999 etc etc. In all honesty a late type nc30 front end isnt that hard to find and would be a lot cheaper than any conversion and most likely better than monster forks.

Kiki1995
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: zzr600 vfr400 nc30 kmx125/200

Post by Kiki1995 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:12 pm

Hi, I'm waiting to here back from someone now if the bike there breaking has early or late forks, thanks for the response

renners11
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by renners11 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:21 am

james66 wrote:
Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:15 am
Ill sit down + do a proper write up tonight for everyone

You dont have yo use the triumph calipers, they are 108mm bolt spacing so lots of calipers fit
I use 2004/06 yamaha r1/r6 calipers, they look nice + they are 1 piece, sort of like a budget monoblock, regardless there is a very very minor setback do to ideally needing 300mm discs as there is a slight overhang of the pads with the honda 296 discs, ill put all the info in the write up though, can either go bigger discs or have 2mm skimmed off the caliper mounting face

James
Hi James, new to this forum, can you provide any more information on this conversion? Just purchased a nc35 and wanting a upgrade?

Thanks
Josh

Dynamohum
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Dynamohum » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:34 am

James 66 vanished with money paid to him for goods on here by a few members i believe an action was taken through court so doubt you will get a reply josh.

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954

Post by Neosophist » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:26 am

forum member on here Rick Oliver used to and probably still does sell conversion kits for ZXR and other forks, might be a good start if you want some good parts without hassle.
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...