What did you do with your NC30/35 today?

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
JC120
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 NC35 RC30 RC45 MC22 NXA
What did you do with your NC30/35 today?

Post by JC120 » Tue May 28, 2013 5:34 am

Thought this might be a fun thread. There's a couple like this over on some other forums and they're very popular. It's always interesting to hear what people are doing to their bikes. Since all my little issues are sorted now, I'm trusting the bike to take me places far from my home.

So I'll start. Even though it was yesterday, I took mine for a good long ride up highway 33 from Ojai California to a motorcycle pit stop out in the middle of nowhere. I park it to take a break. I'm sitting there by myself when all of a sudden an older gentleman with long silver hair pulls up on a 1936 Indain cheif.

After a small lesson on anique Indians, while riding back, I help a downed rider who hit a bird with his helmet visor, went wide and low sided his 848 Corsa evo. Luckily he was ok and so was that aluminum tank.

After that I went to a biker bar to get some food. The NC didn't really fit in and neither did I with my full leathers on. Most of the people there looked like pirates while I looked like a power ranger. Eh whatever food kicked ass.
V4ia addict

JC120
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 NC35 RC30 RC45 MC22 NXA
Re: What did you do with your NC30/35 today?

Post by JC120 » Wed May 29, 2013 5:32 pm

Doesn't seem to be the hit like it was on some of the other forums I'm on. Probably because of the project section.

Mods could you please delete this? My apologies for mucking up the forum.
V4ia addict

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 MC21 TZR FZR GSXR RG MITO

Post by Drunkn Munky » Wed May 29, 2013 6:04 pm

:grin: Were all just jealous cos you live in California. Cool bike that indian tho, i saw one at the weekend too albeit at a classic bike show and unfortunately not being riden. Cruising about on one in California is just too cool for skool :peace:

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9

Post by CMSMJ1 » Wed May 29, 2013 6:58 pm

I reckon JC...that it is because it is pissing down here all the fecking time..

I took my bike out the garage so I could get access to the back of the garage... I then put it back!

sucks..

but please do keep us advised of your nice weather, nice classics and any other shit you are getting up to over there!!
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

Delboy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30

Post by Delboy » Wed May 29, 2013 7:04 pm

I did manage a quick blast out Sunday, up the '54 then back home...
4 WHEELS MOVE THE BODY 2 WHEELS MOVE THE SOUL

28hodge
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: nc30 (track) Yam YZ250 (MX)2st

Post by 28hodge » Wed May 29, 2013 11:18 pm

Not today but on the day that you started this thread I did quite a bit and meant to post on here with it, then promptly forgot so here goes!

Fairings off, and non drill crash bungs off so that I could get to the flywheel cover. Decided to make my trackbike total lose, so with the aid of a windy gun I managed to get the flywheel off and then removed the stator, I had a spare engine that I got for £20 as it wouldn't turn over, so I nicked the rubber grommets from that to put back into my trackbike, meaning everything can go back as it was if I decide.

This done I then took the sprocket guard from the £20 motor and hrc'd it as per the manual to allow speedy sprocket changes.

This done everything went back together whilst cleaning as I went with carb cleaner, god how I love that stuff!!

Morespeedvicar
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Fzr400, NC30, CB50J, SS50Z KLR

Post by Morespeedvicar » Thu May 30, 2013 12:35 am

My nc30 is now all back together, ready for an mot, and i was on wondering if to sell it or not!!!!!!!!!!

laminator
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 2tk,NC30, YB7

Post by laminator » Thu May 30, 2013 8:55 am

I've got loads of things to do to the NC but not done them yet :) I'll wait until I've actually done something before posting.

I have ordered and been delivered, carbon yoke protector, new front discs (with black hubs), some new pads, oil and filters.

The previous owner painted the current discs with what looks like a stick and hammerite!

Cammo
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30

Post by Cammo » Thu May 30, 2013 11:44 am

I took the day off work and managed to get out for a spin on the nc30 today.

It was pissing down, my first ride in the wet for 4 or so years. :oops:

But it was lovely - the bike purred all the way, made all the right noises and I was able to give a it a good work out despite the weather. I was tiptoeing around until the tyres warmed up, then memories of my first wet race came back to me and it encouraged me to go a bit harder, but then had to consider other road users I came across... a few thrilling moments for sure.

Ragging it around some fast corners while the rain came down was just serene, gave me lots of reflective thinking time and it put me in a good mood despite the shitty cold weather.

It was worth the day off.
"It's just a ride" Bill Hicks

iDemonix
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: '92 NC30

Post by iDemonix » Fri May 31, 2013 7:32 pm

I stepped in the garage today to get the recycling bin out as it's recycling bin day, looked at the NC30 with its missing fairings - pissing oil all over my garage - and then sighed and said "ahhh fuck... I need to buy that gasket and those bolts..."
A roaring V4 is the summer soundtrack.