What did you do with your NC30/35 today?

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
manicguitarist
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: RVF400 (NC35)
Re: What did you do with your NC30/35 today?

Post by manicguitarist » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:30 pm

Touring the NE on my RVF.
Yeah, it was raining on the way. Muddy bike!

sraath1234
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by sraath1234 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:15 am

Got a oil leak and trying to find it

Sent from my SM-T231 using Tapatalk

manicguitarist
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: RVF400 (NC35)

Post by manicguitarist » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:35 am

Went on a charity ride to raise money for the North West Air Ambulance.
There was snow on the ground! I'll be cleaning my bike for weeks now!
:grin:

newtothis
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: YZF R125, RVF400, Morini 3 1/2

Post by newtothis » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:42 pm

After the discussion about it being rather quiet of late i thought I'd resurrect this thread to spur everyone into action now the weather's more suitable for riding...

My RVF has always been a bit of a fussy starter, the choke never seemed to actually cause the revs to increase and I'd end up playing with the idle speed adjuster to nurse it into life. So yesterday I pulled the carbs off and took all the choke plungers out. Nothing seemed amiss so everything got a clean up and reassemble. Fortunately the carb rubbers are only about a year old so they're still nice and pliant and it all went back into place quite smoothly.

So having drained all the petrol out of the carbs whilst turning them over I was expecting a bit of cranking to give the fuel time to refill the float bowls, plus the idle adjuster was just wound in until it touched the throttle stop. A pleasant surprise therefore when with about 1/2 choke it fired up immediately and ran smoothly. Pure luck I'm sure!

Of course it then needed a bit of a blast just to make sure everything still works. Hopefully this bodes well for the rest of the year

Foxy400
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 Bonneville CBR600F4i

Post by Foxy400 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:32 am

The weather in Cheshire is overcast but the forecast is dry, so the bike's out of the garage and on the drive. The plan is to head for the Woodford Air Museum, the home of the Vulcan! :peace: The museum only opened last year and from the online pics looks good. Apparently you have to pass security on the gate and follow their map (how do you read a map while riding a bike?). No stopping on the way! :roll: Maybe they shoot you if you do. The webpage says no cyclists (why not?) but there's no mention of bikes so I'll make a kerfuffle if they won't let me in ;) .

Foxy400
Reactions:

Post by Foxy400 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:21 pm

Nobody on the gate so no probs getting in or map to read. Easy enough to find anyway..once through the gates just follow the only road! Well worth the effort. Had a guided tour (just me & the guide) of a Lancaster and Vulcan cockpit. Nice cafe with a view of a parked-up Vulcan while you drink your Earl Grey :smile: When I left I found a small group of suitably impressed aircraft enthusiasts ready to ask about the bike. Then a blast round the lanes of Cheshire, making sure to avoid the swarms of cyclists. A pint at the Bird in Hand in Mobberley (and at £2.00 a pint :o it takes a lot of willpower to stop at one) on the way home. A good day.

Burbage
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Burbage » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:44 am

I bought a rear mudguard ("hugger") a few years ago, long enough ago to lose the fitting instructions! Anyway, thought I would have a go and fit it, very straightforward, really does hug the tyre. Then, as you do, took the bike for a test ride, first ride on it for quite a while and as always thoroughly enjoyed. Think I'll find an excuse to ride today.
John

Foxy400
Reactions:

Post by Foxy400 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:51 pm

A sunny morning in Cheshire (rather rare at the moment) saw me and the bike up and on the road by 8am, early enough to avoid most of the traffic. Pitstop at J&S Accessories mega warehouse place near Delamere, on the A556, not far from Oulton Park. Sausage sarnie and a mug of tea, while watching the bikes roll in and out of the carpark.100's of bikes parked up. Several favourable comments about the NC35. Certainly one of the best looking bikes there. A very enjoyable day, the only downside was being left for dead on the bypass by a Fireblade, R1 and something BMW. Now if only there'd been a few more twisties... ;)

Romney1
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Romney1 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:04 pm

I was going to nip there on mine today aswell , but changed my mind when it looked abit dark in the sky . Didnt fancy getting the vfr wet 😂

Suzuki416
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 3 x NC35, 3x NC24, NC29, RC46

Post by Suzuki416 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:44 pm

The last 3 weeks have seen my 'I only need to fix a leaky fork seal' on my Blue RVF to:

rebuild both legs,
repaint lowers,
rebuild both calipers,
replace brake pads,
paint screen brace,
clean the wheel spacers & front axle.
Plastex the front mudguard

Jobs still to do:
replace the foot pegs with SES adjustables,
replace the exhaust box with a blue flame.

Ah well, its raining out & I can always use the car - lol