Chinese reproduction NC30 left hand switchgear on ebay

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Cammo
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30
Chinese reproduction NC30 left hand switchgear on ebay

Post by Cammo » Sun May 19, 2013 12:15 am

Anyone tried these reproduction units?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Left-Hand-Sw ... 337df3a8d2

Looks like it could be a low cost plug and play replacement option when the original unit eventually dies.
"It's just a ride" Bill Hicks

iDemonix
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: '92 NC30
Re: Chinese reproduction NC30 left hand switchgear on ebay

Post by iDemonix » Sun May 19, 2013 10:41 am

That could be pretty good if it's decent. Very cheap.

Would be interested to hear a review, I don't need one, but for someone who does need one then £20 on this is a worthwhile test...
A roaring V4 is the summer soundtrack.

ANDYC8888
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by ANDYC8888 » Mon May 20, 2013 6:13 pm

I have one,in good condition and all the wiring is complete and un-cut £25 posted

Triplespeed
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Nc30, CBR600

Post by Triplespeed » Tue May 21, 2013 8:51 am

Couldnt help but notice they also sell rectifiers. Good, bad or ugly I have no idea or would you get what you pay for?

Icemaestro
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Icemaestro » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:37 pm

Thread dredge 1 has anyone tried one? The low beam left switchgear on the nc30 has stopped working - can’t see any signs of melting though, so wondering whether I could make something from a combination of the two of need be? (Light turns on if switch is bypassed).

On a side note, has anyone tried to get the nc30 headlights to ‘always on’ through a low beam relay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954

Post by Neosophist » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:00 am

Yes it is quite cheap and straightforward to mod the headlights to always on, you can do it properly for about $10 with a relay and some diodes and make a "cut circuit" so the headlights dont come on until you have pressed and released the starter button. you can probably google headlight cut relay and get some information but if you are confused i can probably help
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...

Icemaestro
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Icemaestro » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:50 am

Neosophist wrote:Yes it is quite cheap and straightforward to mod the headlights to always on, you can do it properly for about $10 with a relay and some diodes and make a "cut circuit" so the headlights dont come on until you have pressed and released the starter button. you can probably google headlight cut relay and get some information but if you are confused i can probably help
Hi,

Thank you - a google gives me a diagram for an aprilia using some kit, so wasn’t that helpful, just nothing for the nc30. If you could give more information/instructions that would be much appreciated, or what are your thoughts, should I just get a new left switchgear? Unsure how good the Chinese ones are, you might have seen my post re the other one I have and the connectors on it that don’t match, and no wreckers have any spares in this country, and who knows how good ones from Japan are. On top of I’m looking to sell this bike in the next 6 months so not wanting to throw heaps of money into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk