CB400 Superfour 1992 Centre Stand

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
whiskers79
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: CB400 Superfour 1992 Centre Stand

Post by whiskers79 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:32 am

I just went into my local bike shop and they ordered one for me. Mind you the bloody thing cost me $600 Australian.

tomigun
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: HondaCB400sf version R

Post by tomigun » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:33 am

I know that im gonna messed up with a difficult job,so if anyone has worked before me with this item please assist.
I have CB400 Version r without center stand.But I bought my motorcycle from driving school.A center stand from unknown model are mounted. Perhaps from scooter :down: . However, the construction is poor and bad and I want to change it.
The problems:
1.Version r and version s models don't have the two stactions where the center stand of pb1 for example can mount.
This is how the pb1 center stand is:
2.Version r and version s have pipes 4-2-1 but pb1 model have pipes 4-1.I believe this is the reason that r/s dont have center stant.The center stand and the 2 pipes are at the same point and there is no free space.
I believe that the center stand from Cb1 like this is the solution.
With that kind of shape i think that the pipes from version r/s can be mounted more easily because there will be more space.
3.Somehow i have to lift up the rear side of the sf.
4.Somehow i have to cut the ugly scooter stand
5.Somehow i have to find a way to weld under the sf
6.Somehow i have to find free space to work under sf

piston
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: RG500,NC29,NC23,NC30,GK76A,

Post by piston » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:26 pm

Hi chaps.
Bin a while but there seems to be some confusion here. CB400SF(NC31) stand is the same as CBR600FH/FJ/FK/ has the same part number therefore is the same part, this stand though will NOT fit the CB1 (NC27) as the stand for that machine is model specific it doesnt look like it has ever been fitted to another machine in the Honda range looking at the part number.
Hope that helps. Piston.

Graham04
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Graham04 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:59 pm

I know this is quite an old thread but still useful. I fitted a CBR600f 1989 stand to my 1992 NC31. It went straight on without any modification. I found a second hand one on ebay ,but there are still new ones available for 137 euros at CMS. No more messing about with paddock stands, rolls on to the stand without any effort. By the way, the one in the pictures is completely different to the correct one I have just fitted.

AdamD81
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by AdamD81 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:46 pm

tomigun wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:33 am
I know that im gonna messed up with a difficult job,so if anyone has worked before me with this item please assist.
I have CB400 Version r without center stand.But I bought my motorcycle from driving school.A center stand from unknown model are mounted. Perhaps from scooter :down: . However, the construction is poor and bad and I want to change it.
The problems:
1.Version r and version s models don't have the two stactions where the center stand of pb1 for example can mount.
This is how the pb1 center stand is:
2.Version r and version s have pipes 4-2-1 but pb1 model have pipes 4-1.I believe this is the reason that r/s dont have center stant.The center stand and the 2 pipes are at the same point and there is no free space.
I believe that the center stand from Cb1 like this is the solution.
With that kind of shape i think that the pipes from version r/s can be mounted more easily because there will be more space.
3.Somehow i have to lift up the rear side of the sf.
4.Somehow i have to cut the ugly scooter stand
5.Somehow i have to find a way to weld under the sf
6.Somehow i have to find free space to work under sf
did you find a solution to this with your Version R